Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

How/why do peiple think it's acceptable to put budget rubber on a hot hatch?

People buy a hot hatch, wear out the tyres, then take it to Average Joe's Tyres who tell you a proper set is £70 per tyre and budgets are only £50. Some people take the budgets not thinking about performance.

yeah thats the ones. Great tyres, and always been a big fan of goodyears. And agree, totally stupid to put budget tyres on any hot hatch car, guaranteed to end in disaster!

I bought a Leon Cupra R used from a SEAT dealership and they promised me four new tyres, I insisted that they weren't the cheapest possible given the car and the tyres I got were a brand I'd never heard of! Eventually got Goodyears put on which made a night and day difference!

Lovely car, GP kit would finish it off.

And the alloys are not polished, they are diamond cut. Stay on top of sealing them as the start to corrode if you don't use good quality wax and sealent on them.

You can only get them refurbed a couple times too.. And its expensive!

I hate budget tyres thats why my volvo slid off the road in snow n got wrote off lol it would have been cheaper to buy top brand in the first place so gr8 buy on the goodyears dude they r an awesome tyre

• 2 months later...

Soooo, after much hassle, the dealership finally agreed to get the wheels refurbished properly this time (Thanks to my lawyer!)

For those not aware, when I bought Roxy part of the agreement with the dealership was that the optional alloys she had (19" rage alloys, which have a diamond cut polished finish) would be fully refurbed as they were a bit shabby. The car went into the dealership for this to be done, but when i got her back all they had done was have the wheels spray painted silver (which was already flaking off after a week!) and this killed the look of the wheels. When I pointed out I wasn't happy, and that was NOT what I call refurbished, they backed out saying that was all they do when "They" refurb wheels. After much hassle going back and forth to the dealership and on the phone, they offered a deal of me taking the car to a refurb place, leaving it there for 5 days, and paying half of £330. They would pay the other half! I was like "WTF!!!? I aint paying for it, it was supposed to have been done as part of the deal with the car! And I'd have to pay for a courtesy car for a week too. I wouldn't accept this, so we reached stale mate when the manager and me had a bust up! They then said they weren't going to do anything else with the wheels.

So, my lawyer intervened, and got them to sort it out! They agreed to send the wheels away to be diamond cut and re-laquered, and gave me a brand new Jazz for the week it was away. Result!

So, now shes back, and the wheels look absolutely stunning! I also ordered brand new centre caps for them too, as the originals were a bit dented and corroded. Took a few pics in the drive today with ma Phone, but will get better pics up soon.

Enjoy!

post-2844-0-77916000-1412696437_thumb.jppost-2844-0-00386900-1412696443_thumb.jp

post-2844-0-46500900-1412696446_thumb.jppost-2844-0-01055000-1412696450_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic