All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Gel

Car parts quiz

You have a score of 44 to beat
  3. Gel

Car parts quiz

Can you name these car parts from the images ? https://quizzes.autoversed.com/quiz/86-people-cant-guess-these-48-car-parts-looking-just-one-image-can-you-learn?utm_medium=paid&utm_source=taboola&utm_campaign=1273256&utm_term=oath-aolukhomepagecarousel&utm_content=This+car+parts+quiz+stumps+most+men&adid=108631526&img=http%3A%2F%2Fgleaned-images.stuff.com%2Fsignals-test%2Fcafffc7313f714246dc1540160a6c7e68f5bf8b0e0c6f9fcd46bb3ac&mkcpgn=a8cf1253640b41859c1b3f511eecfd14&sg_uid=a8cf1253640b41859c1b3f511eecfd14
  4. Last week
  5. Wolfmother

Tow bar on mb3

No worries, thanks for getting back to me anyway
  6. Dave

Tow bar on mb3

Thats funny you should remind me today! I was down clearing out down the side of shed today mate as we have a new one coming! Saw what i thought was the tow bar, but unfortunately all thats there are two metal brackets from it, the rest is gone. Also noticed my VTiS rear lip for the Aerodeck is gone! Gutted! Not sure if someone has taken it as i deffo did not sell that. The sideskirts were still there though so very strange. Towbar is deffo gone though, sorry bud.
  7. Wolfmother

Tow bar on mb3

Any luck Dave?
  8. Gel

Vtis project

A drop of fresh petrol and away ya go Jake
  9. Gel

X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

The MOT flagged up "misting shocks" so I decider to replace them regardless of them behaving perfectly. I suppose I'll notice a little difference once the newbies are fitted but I'm not expecting a black and white difference. My rear brake caliper has been sticking ever since I got the car so I expect a noticeable difference once the new caliper is fitted....yes, I could of freed the caliper but I'm fed up pratting about. I'm no longer agile enough to climb under cars so I'll be having the work carried out by my local mechanic........I never stay and watch the work being done because I'd be inclined to tell the mechanic how to do the job properly........I expect most of you understand where I'm coming from....lol Looks like my A to B car will survive for the foreseeable
  10. snakey135

my new mb2 hatch

All these little mods looking really cool mate!
  11. KiNK43

Vtis project

She's ready to roll tbh. I've left the bumper off as thinking getting the intercooler mounted then it's just done then, one less thing to do later. Otherwise kinda ready to hit the road.
  12. KiNK43

X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Nice. Keep her going for a bit.
  13. AJCivic

X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Nice one you’ll have to let us know what they’re like! Will you be fitting the shocks yourself? Tempted to get some myself, the front suspension feels none existent at times!
  14. Gel

X Reg MB2 1.4S auto

Just ordered front shocks (Monroe) and a rear brake caliper (Micks Garage).....I purposely avoided online cheapies. Parts should arrive tomorrow...he he....like a child... I can't wait.
  15. dmrichards

Vtis project

It's not that bad. Just get the car as high as possible and use a Jack and some wood to support the tank, and if I was you I'd order some new tank bolts from rimmerbros mine snapped when I came to remove my tank.
  16. KiNK43

Vtis project

Little dissapointed I need to drop the fuel tank to change the pump. Gonna be a laugh on me own
  17. snakey135

Vtis project

Great job on the undersealing! As boss man said... deffo something I need to get done on mine, especially as it’s been sitting a few years!!!
  18. MarkHuntsman

Mark's MC2 - Frey

As far as i know, aerodecks came without rear ARB and that bit/bar you see there is just a rear lower tie bar, which supports the LCA mounts in subframe. I dont know where that came from, but it was there when i bought it, but i have not seen one like this one in shops. Mine are aliexpress special 2.5" mini projectors, they take only H1 bulb, but i have to yet confirm that. They came with H4 and H7 adapters, what means you take out the bulb retainer from standard headlight, slide the back side of the projector through the hole for the bulb, slide the adapter plate onto the projector from the back and then tighten a retaining nut. I think you can see the installation if you search on ytb for "morimoto mini H1 install" or something like that, as these seem to be quite close to the construction and mounting process as morimoto 2.5" mini h1 projectors. I will take some photos when i get home after the holidays. Thanks for the info. Guy that runs the shop where i ordered the pads called me after i placed the order. He asked me two things, first, if i can provide him VIN number, to check fitment. Second thing he asked, if i race hillclimb, or track, i said no, just road use and if he would be more likely to recommend EBC... No, only for road use, predators are great, as they have much higher friction coeficient than greenstuff and they brake better when cold, but they do overheat and fade on track. About those mikoda discs, i found some comments on them. There were two completely different opinions on them, either people said they are great, or people that said they dont trust them, since they are suspicious how cheap they are made in poland. But have not found one saying someone had them and had problems. I will see when i fit them.
  19. Dave

Mark's MC2 - Frey

Great to see your dedication ton this Aerodeck continues mate. Nice job on the projectors, they look sweet! Regarding the brakes, I had Black Diamond brake discs and pads on my 1.4 MA8 Civic and hated them! The pads used to suffer from brake fade regulary, and the discs warped very easily. This put me off the Black Diamond products, although that was a very long time ago so not sure if they have improved now? I haven't heard of Mikoda, but if they produce stuff for Brembo then I would think they must be a great product. I would look for reviews on them on the internet then male your choice based on that. Keep up the god work and lets ssee some more pics of your Aerodeck
  20. Dave

Mark's MC2 - Frey

If I remember correctly Jamie, Honda did not fit the rear ARB to Aerodecks for some reason. Any that you do see have been retro fitted.
  21. Dave

The story of my MA8!

Liking the calipers mate, looks same colour as DD's
  22. Dave

Vtis project

Going to be even more of a stunner than she already is mate. Love seeing our civics being pampered and cared for like this.
  23. Dave

My MK1 Mazda MX5

some recent photos. Decided that it was time to source and replace the osr tail light on Mindy. It's had a scuff mark on it since we bought her, and try as I might I couldn't get it off. So found a replacement set of tail lights on Facebook from a Guy called Ric. Went through to pick them up and turns out he also has a red UK MK1 just like Mindy! Had to take a photo of Mindy and her new playmate! Better pic of Rics MX5 Interior has everything I want to do to Mindy (and some of the stuff I've already done! Even the same stainless kick plates.! So got the new light fitted and decided that even though I'd been told not to do too much manual work by my cardio nurse, it was time to give Mindy a proper detailing!. Washed, dried and then the following Meguires Clay barred G£ paint restorer (machine buffed) Autoglym super resin polish (machine buff) Autoglym extra High gloss finisher (machine buff) Meguires wax (hand buffed) Wheels cleaned then polished, followed by Autoglym silicon wheel sealer. Tyres dressed with Autoglym tyre dressing Glass cleaned with Autoglym glass cleaner. Windscreen treated with RainX Really pleased with the results, although took me the whole day due to my current health status!! Her paint really pops when the sun hits it now, and looks really deep. Still going to give her a full respray though as the paint still isn't as perfect as I'd like it to be. Also need to repaint the sills soon as they are letting the look down. Hoping to get done before I return to work. Next, something arrived that I had ordered ages ago! Wood dash trim kit. Had issues as the first one that arrived was way to dark and would have looked wrong so that had to be sent back to supplier then had to wait on a replacement. This matched better, so got to work and got it fitted. Really happy now! Lifts the drab black interior I think and also makes the steering wheel blend in instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. Still to get the chrome surrounds for the heater vents but will add them later. Also still planning a custom radio install. Hope you like! Another thing that has bugged me about the mx5 is more of a technical one. The amount of times I've parked her somewhere and returned to find I'd left the sidelights on was getting beyond a joke! Only a matter of time before I returned to a flat battery, so decided to retro fit a lights on warning buzzer! Got a little video below of it working. The buzzer is an annoying tone, but it does it's job as you want to turn the lights off as quickly as possible to shut it up! Works when you open the door if you've left the lights on.
  24. KiNK43

Vtis project

This car is gonna get pampered all new bushes and joints, bearings etc. but all in time. Get her on the road first.
  25. KiNK43

Vtis project

Or hiding something.lol
  26. Dave

Vtis project

Mega job! That should see her last for years mate! I really need to do this with both DD and Mindy. Love seeing this underneath a car, shows its been protected and cared for.
  1. Load more activity