Have picked the deck up from my friendly neighbourhood mechanic, so have now got a caliper that isn't sticking, a handbrake that works (see how long that lasts...), a freshly serviced engine, and a replaced abs sensor.

Have also a failed o2 sensor install (or rather removal...) resulting in a snapped wire and engine fault light.

Also, do you think that my exhaust is blowing a little bit?

Is my exhaust blowing?:

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So just went to the shop, and as i pulled into the cat park this old chap was stood at the bus stop next door and asked if i had a private plate.

I said no, and he said really? Is that an old t reg.

I Said, yes, well 99 anyway (thinking he might have been thinking about an old old t reg), and he said oh, didn't think they were that old... Really good nick then son. :D

I said Cheers, and walked into the shop with a spring in my step.

Came home and gave her a celebratory wash.

DSC_0382_zpsq2yev94v.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a result with the exhaust... the (mild steel) supersprint centre section that was blowing was one that was replaced a few years ago just before the 2 year warranty expired (just for being pretty badly corroded and not blowing at that time).

I emailed supersprint to double check that it wasn't covered by a warranty (was pretty sure that it wasn't), and when they confirmed that it wasn't, I (slightly cheekilly) asked if they would offer me any discount on a replacement stainless one (the mild steel option has been discontinued for some reason...).

I nearly fell off my seat when the reply was - yes, 50% with free shipping (from Italy).  I had to give them proof of purchase for the original one of course.

With a decent exchange rate on the Euro at the mo, it's worked out very well :D

Amazing customer service from them - I was really impressed when the first swapped the exhaust without it blowing (lasted months after getting the replacement), and even more now. :D

friday.gif1

• Like 1