1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Ok sorry for the wait! My girlfriend's been totally bedridden with influenza so have had to prioritize. But anyway here we go:

The install was a breeze. Gave a proper lube to all the nuts and bolts and everything came out easy. No seized anythings or problems whatsoever. The BC's fit perfect so the whole thing was done quite quickly.

I set the the height to about the same as it was before and left the preload and damping to the factory settings, which are 2-3mm and 8 clicks from hardest. Took it for a test drive and it was sweet as saccharine! Even with the harder 12/10kg springs and relatively hard damping setting it was at the same time so much more comfortable but also firmer than the old H&R coils. My mate who has a 2008 BMW coupe with oem shocks & eibach springs said my ride is more comfy than his, and he's the kind of you guy who will give you crap any time he gets the chance! So i believe him. For the ride home as a test i set the damping all the way to the softest and the ride was like resting your head between a nice set of b**bies. I'm totally in love with these! Before i would try to avoid every single manhole, crack and bump on the road but now i find myself searching for them, just to make sure if the damping is really as comfortable as i think it is!

The only downside i can think of at the moment is the ride height in the rear. It's at as high as it'll go, which is ok for winter driving and HOPEFULLY ok for when the car is fully loaded. Maybe it'll work out if i set the damping on hardest. Luckily i very rarely have to drive with a full load, so i took the chance and decided to keep these. On the bright side: now i can slam the car lower than i'll ever need to! :-D

So all in all: they're awesome. Can't wait for the roads to melt and set it all the way to the hardest and give the deck a proper trashing! 8-)

Here are a few photos:

The old right rear, leaking "just a bit" :-D

IMG_2222.jpg

New one in:

IMG_2224.jpg

Front:

IMG_2228.jpg

Current height:

IMG_2231.jpg

Max ride height at rear:

IMG_2233.jpg

• Like 2