1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

good work fella 8-)

has it made much difference to general noise when just driving about?

Can't say yet, since i'm only halfway done and the little driving i've been doing has been without the door card...

Driver door done. Wasn't as easy as i thought, as the uneven surface took a lot of time to get a relatively smooth install while using as big sheets as possible. The wires and numerous holes i had to poke didn't make it any easier but all in all pretty simple though a bit time consuming project. Used 10 sheets of Silent Coat on one door, which adds up to 3,5kg. Which means soooooo many more seconds to my 0-60mph time so don't even mention it! :D

ovimatotettu.jpg

I was taking my deck down a nice twisty country road yesterday, about 10mins mostly on vtec and the engine got pretty warm, the needle rose well over the halfway mark which it never has done before. Usually it sits around 1/3 from the bottom. When i stopped the car i noticed the rad fan wasn't working. I've never paid attention to the fan before, but that's because i've never had overheating issues so can't tell for sure how long it's been out of order. So time to check the fuse, radiator, fan switch and wires to start with and hope it's nothing more serious. I'm going to the track in 2 weeks and the last thing i want there is an overheating engine!

Fan's don't usually come on in civic's unless you stuck in traffic mate.

Might be worth checking the thermostat too! Warm her up and check temps of top and bottom radiator hoses, they should both be very warm at normal temperature.

Fan wise though, just run a wire to 12V battery source manually to check it comes on...

Fan's don't usually come on in civic's unless you stuck in traffic mate.

Might be worth checking the thermostat too! Warm her up and check temps of top and bottom radiator hoses, they should both be very warm at normal temperature.

The thermo was changed a year ago and also last winter when i had issues with the temp gauge so i'm pretty sure it works but will check the hoses too.

Fan wise though, just run a wire to 12V battery source manually to check it comes on...

Okay i've never done this kind of stuff before so do i just disconnect the fan motor connector, stick + and - wires there and the other ends to the battery?

Thanks John, but i've got one more question: the fan motor connector is pointing downwards so there's no way i can see in there when i poke the wires in. So if the + wire from the battery goes into - and vice versa, will i break something? Cause this will be blind shooting.