1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Thanks John, but i've got one more question: the fan motor connector is pointing downwards so there's no way i can see in there when i poke the wires in. So if the + wire from the battery goes into - and vice versa, will i break something? Cause this will be blind shooting.

no big deal, you won't break something. When you put it in wrong it just goes round the other way ;)

New sound system up and running: JBL mids and tweeters + crossovers and a Pioneer headunit. With the help of Silentcoat on both front doors the sound quality is in my opinion heaps better than with the stock system all the way up to 40mph. After that the engine/road noise starts to overtake certain frequencies but the graphic eq on the Pioneer helps to sort out that problem quite nicely. In the end the whole operation of sound deadening, fitting the headunit and speakers and doing the wiring was time consuming but relatively easy even though this was my first time installing ice. A big thanks goes out to civic5, Greg and ryan.. for all their help! 8-)

Will post some pics later.

Hmm... i wonder which will sound better:

img1255c.jpg

On the door:

img1289u.jpg

Can barely notice that there's a new one inside:

img1291it.jpg

And the whole door completed:

img1293m.jpg

Only visual difference to stock is the crossover in the right hand corner of the door compartment. But i will cover it in a similar way as the left hand corner of the same compartment, hope it works out.

What speakers are those? they look like an identical fit!. How does it sound?

JBL GTO680C. The fit is pretty good, had to drill new holes for the front and on the back the speaker is a bit longer than stock, perhaps 2-3cm so had to saw off the back of the original speaker housing. Luckily there's plenty of room inside the door. This is the first speaker upgrade i've ever done so i don't have much to compare to but compared to stock it's just luverly :D.

Forgot to put a picture of the headunit so here it is: ;)

img1340zt.jpg

Thanks, Pioneer is the way to go!

Did a bit of research and repairs over the weekend. First i removed and cleaned the vtec solenoid. The filter looked oily but not cloggy, all in all pretty healthy. I gave a thorough wipe on the whole thing and some serious (but gentle) toothbrushing for the filter. Didn't notice any change in vtec engagement while driving though. Did this because of comments concerning my dyno results earlier this year, somebody also mentioned that "IAB butterflies may be sticky". Can i check this somehow?

Second i wired my rad fan straight into the battery too see if it still works. Well it did. Yesterday i had my first trackday, and at one point i noticed my temp needle had gone all the way to the top. And no fan. So it must be the sensor, should be pretty easy to swap i reckon.

But concerning the track day, was hella fun! I can't believe how nervous i was when i got there, but after a few warmup laps with a experienced copilot i realised it's just like go kart racing. With gear changes. Not that i had to do a lot of it, i only needed 2nd and 3rd gears throughout the whole track. Highlights of the day was passing a Fiat Bravo :lol:, and keeping up with a EP3 who was another first timer as well. Also i saw a turboed NSX for the first time. That thing was maaaaaaad!

I've got some in car video i'll try to post to youtube soon.

What speakers are those? they look like an identical fit!. How does it sound?

JBL GTO680C. The fit is pretty good, had to drill new holes for the front and on the back the speaker is a bit longer than stock, perhaps 2-3cm so had to saw off the back of the original speaker housing. Luckily there's plenty of room inside the door. This is the first speaker upgrade i've ever done so i don't have much to compare to but compared to stock it's just luverly :D.

good job! cheers for the info