1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

what did you do with your headlight washers ?? lol didnt chuck them out did ya

What are headlight washers for anyway? Just dead weight, if you ask me...! :D I removed them and the tubes into my "stock-and-not-going-back-during-my-ownership"-box. But seriously, i just didn't like the look of them sticking out. I think the overall look is much smoother without them.

• 1 month later...

Got the car dynoed, stock except high-flow intake and no middle silencer. The results were a bit surprising. Here we go:

dynokyrt.jpg

dynonumeroot.jpg

Max power was 96,3kw from the wheels, which translates into 131,25bhp. As engine horsepower is 9-12% more, an educated estimate would give me 145 as actual bhp. Using the same calculations torque would be at 156nm. So it looks like i've lost 24bhp and 10nm over the years, and even though i expected the 12 year old 100000 mile engine to have lost some power, i didn't expect the loss the be that big. :shock:

I asked the tuner about it, and he was cool and said that the curves on the sheet look perfectly normal for a b18, and the engine runs smoothly, so it's highly unlikely that there's anything broken. Normal wear and perhaps a restrictive cat and backbox were the reasons he thought the numbers were low. And this guy knows Hondas: his name is Toni Ruokonen, he has years of experience and finnish championship titles racing Civics and Integras and actually won the British National Saloon championship in a Peugeot 306 in 2000.

But still, i can't help but feel a bit disappointed with the results, as i've seen quite different numbers here on civic5 :? . The car doesn't feel sluggish to me, but then again my previous car had 90bhp so i can't really tell what it should feel like. I did take another MC2 for a testdrive before i bought this one, and it felt pretty much the same so i don't know if there's a problem anywhere.

What do you guys reckon of the results? The dyno was a Rototest hub-mounted dynamometer.