1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Allright so i was planning on getting an new exhaust, but plans changed... my old cd player resigned so first things first, gotta get the punk rocking. So with a 200€ budget i went to the car audio store, and ended up spending 390€... that guy sure could sell! But i'm pretty confident i got a nice setup. So this is what's coming in:

sterkat.jpg

Pioneer DEH-3200UB head unit

JBL680C speakers, tweeters and crossovers for the front

Pioneer TS-G1312i speakers for the back

15kg's of Silent Coat (definately won't use all! :D )

I've removed the old system and started fitting the new speakers into the old housings... a little bit of filing, drilling and sawing and i've managed to get the front speakers and tweeters in place, but the rear housings need some more modification since the the new speakers are way more deeper. At the moment progress has stalled since i'm in the middle of changing apartments... gotta put things into priority, but i just hate to drive without music. Not that i wouldn't enjoy the sound of v-tec! ;)

I had the same problem with my rear speakers... I got some mdf spacer rings off ebay and they did the trick.

I posted about it here:

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2988&p=33421&hilit=+speaker#p33421

just scroll up a bit from where the link takes you

:)

Allright so i was planning on getting an new exhaust, but plans changed... my old cd player resigned so first things first, gotta get the punk rocking. So with a 200€ budget i went to the car audio store, and ended up spending 390€... that guy sure could sell! But i'm pretty confident i got a nice setup. So this is what's coming in:

sterkat.jpg

Pioneer DEH-3200UB head unit

JBL680C speakers, tweeters and crossovers for the front

Pioneer TS-G1312i speakers for the back

15kg's of Silent Coat (definately won't use all! :D )

I've removed the old system and started fitting the new speakers into the old housings... a little bit of filing, drilling and sawing and i've managed to get the front speakers and tweeters in place, but the rear housings need some more modification since the the new speakers are way more deeper. At the moment progress has stalled since i'm in the middle of changing apartments... gotta put things into priority, but i just hate to drive without music. Not that i wouldn't enjoy the sound of v-tec! ;)

I had the same problem with my rear speakers... I got some mdf spacer rings off ebay and they did the trick.

I posted about it here:

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2988&p=33421&hilit=+speaker#p33421

:)

I posted about it here:

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ker#p33421

Cheers, man. There's a community center with a wood shop near my work so i think i'll ask them to make some mdf spacers for me. Got the measurements done so all i need to do is ask how much they want for the job. Might take a while though, first i gotta paint the walls of my new apartment so i can start moving.

I posted about it here:

http://www.civic5.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ker#p33421

Cheers, man. There's a community center with a wood shop near my work so i think i'll ask them to make some mdf spacers for me. Got the measurements done so all i need to do is ask how much they want for the job. Might take a while though, first i gotta paint the walls of my new apartment so i can start moving.

Strips of thin plasticard. It works ok, but it's only a temporary solution. The paint isn't a 100% match and the fit could be better, but definitely stands out less that the huge black blocks. The hardest part is that the bumper curves where the headlight washers are, and glueing the strips into place without any edge peeling up was a pain. The whole front bumper needs a repaint, so i think some day i'll use filler on the holes and take it to a painter. I just wonder when that "some day" will come... :roll:

• 5 months later...

Time for an update. I was playing with a fisheyelens in september, here's one of the shots: kalansilm.jpg

Winter came early this time, and i didn't manage to install my new soundsystem before it got too cold to work outside so that project is on hold until it warms up a bit. And we've sure had a good winter here, more snow than i can ever remember. Which ofcourse meant testing the limits of my lowrider quite often... can't say i managed without any bottom hits, but atleast nothing broke! ;)

I had a mysterious oil loss, no leaks were ever found so i'm hoping it was just because of too much vtec in cold weather :roll: . But finally managed to find the source to my temp gauge problem by replacing the sensor, thanks to johngreen, civicturbo and jalesi for your help.

The mailman brought some boxes last week:

magnaflow.jpg

katti.jpg

A 2,25" Magnaflow backbox and 2,5" Martelius (finnish custom exhaust shop) high-flow cat :) . Next purchase will be a 4-2-1 Tegiwa header with a 2,5" collector, and then i'll be all set to build my custom exhaust system. I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds by gaining a bit of hp and torque with the 2,5" to the cat and 2,25" from the cat to the backbox-setup. I'll probably get it dynoed before and after to see the actual difference. But no matter what the result, i'm just happy to get some mods done after the long cold winter! 8-)