1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

This is the pic where i think ya door looks a different colour,the rear one,my wife thinks it too.

Aaahhh now i see what you mean. Funny thing i've never noticed. But now that you mentioned, i think the difference is between the front door and the rear door. Rear door compared to the back end of the car i can't see a difference. Perhaps it's the sun playing tricks? :?

• 1 month later...

So here's what's up: started getting a slight clunking sound from the front passenger side suspension when driving over small bumps etc. a month back. Took a look, didn't see anything peculiar. I asked a tuner about it and he said it's most definitely a broken bush. So i bought and installed a Powerflex front bush kit, but it didn't fix the problem so i gave the shop free hands to find the source of the problem. They checked the shock and other components but didn't find anything wrong about that particular corner.But loads of other stuff was found to be, in their words, on the brink of breaking up: a rear wheel bearing, rear brake "sliding pins"? (not sure about the correct word!), driver side upper control arm and a track rod end. Got everything fixed except the upper control arm, and cost me a fortune... :( but the way i like to look at it, i got some restoration and upgrades done, and since i have to replace one upper control arm i might as well buy myself a buddy club camber kit 8-) . I turned 29 last week and haven't bought a present for myself yet so that might as well be it.

But the shops opinion about the clunking sound: the car is just simply too low. :lol: And in my opionion, it's way too high... So very, very reluctantly i raised my car by about 7mm and voila, problem solved. Well, almost, the sound isn't completely gone, but doesn't appear nearly as often as it used to so i guess i'll be able to live with it for now.

So next up: Buddy Club camber kit. Does anyone know if the DC2-kit which fits the MB6 works as well on a MC2? I'm not sure if the suspension components are identical or not. After that, exhaust... finally... hopefully! It's been frustrating, since i've had most of the parts in boxes in my room for a few months now, but gotta fix what's broken first! Waiting for the next paycheck...

• 2 weeks later...
mc2 mb6 have same set suspension components springs on rear bit different i think, 50kgs heavy at rear mc2

and no arb on mc2 as you know!

I thought so too, but i had to learn something the hard way... :( Bought the Buddy Club kit off ebay and got a disappointing call from my mechanic today: he said the mounting points or something like that on the kit were 8mm too narrow. He said he could do a custom installation and make it fit but it would most probably ruin the caster. So i said forget it, and now i'm searching for another kit. Any ideas? TSS tuning has one for sale, which strangely fits both the MB6 and MC2. So what's up with that? I'm really confused now. :?:shock::?:

• 2 weeks later...

TSS tuning camber kit on the way, now just gotta get rid of my buddy club kit.

But i've found my new favourite substance! U know that hella-sticky, rotten gray coloured gluey crap that's behind the splash shields underneath the door trim panels? Mmmmm i love that stuff. Especially on my fingers. And legs. And clothes. And still on my fingers after five washes. And still on my fingers in the morning while making breakfast. I wish there would be more of that all around the car. Now i can only enjoy it while cleaning the doors for hushmat installation. I didn't plan on doing the rear doors but since it was so much fun, and it's so nice outside, maybe i'll do them today! :D

Isn't it great to be on holiday!

Been busy:

oviputsattu.jpg

ovisislt.jpg

Both front doors are now squeaky clean and silentcoated from the inside. Took quite a while to do but i'm pretty satisfied with the results, got almost every inch covered. But not without some cuts and bruises to my hands and arms from trying to reach all the farthest corners... skinny hobbit thief hands come in handy sometimes! The outer layer should be dead easy to do, just have to make sure i remember to poke all the holes for the wires. And then in go the new speakers... Just need to sort out a few wiring issues first.