1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Give it a full service before the next dyno run and maybe give it a bash with the standard air filter and gubbins.

Spark plugs will be replaced, but oil was changed in december (Castrol Magnatec) and the fuel filter a year ago so it should be all good.

maybe try again. did you have a couple of runs?

Two runs, and the results were almost identical.

also notice your max power at 7200rpm?

mine made max at 8000.

strange

I asked about that, but the tuner said it's the same thing as with power from the wheels, you can't get an exact result without adding any modifiers and he said he doesn't do that because according to him it's all just more or less guesswork. During the runs he revved up to the limiter, which is at around 8100rpm i reckon. However the results show the limiter kicking in at around 7600rpm. In reality peak bhp and torque was made at higher rpm, but since it's measured from the wheels it shows up lower. Confusing? It was, and still is to me. But when you compare factory peak bhp and torque revs (7600 and 6300) to my results (7200 and 5900) you can see that the difference for both is 400rpm. So the relationship is the same which should speak for a healthy engine.

So what i'll do next: install new mani, cat, exhaust and backbox, replace the plugs and then take it for a rerun. Then i'll atleast see how much difference the new exhaust makes. And if the number look still too low, i'll just take it to another, more sensible dyno. :D

Bottom line is, the car is still as fun to drive as it was before, there's no way i'm going to let some piece of paper spoil my fun! 8-)

Not keen on the massive badge on the steering wheel

I've heard that one before, mate :lol:! Last comment was: "Are you sure the badge on your steering wheel is large enough?". I would've liked a smaller one but that was the only one i could find at the time. And since there's a honda logo on the steering wheel anyway, i want it to be red! :twisted:

Give it a full service before the next dyno run and maybe give it a bash with the standard air filter and gubbins.

+1 mate bc4 needs matched oem intake to keep tourqe/hp try it, dont look cool but !!hey ho works good,k&n drilled air box ect got twin loop on mine again for tourqe :idea: decat was loss power!

you gone other way ?less back pressure=?

fit itr cams will work with your setup better :idea: but then ecu ect!!remap??=$$?

try-y 4 2 1 best mani if you going that route:idea:

Got the car dynoed, stock except high-flow intake and no middle silencer. The results were a bit surprising. Here we go:

dynokyrt.jpg

dynonumeroot.jpg

Strange mate, you seem to not get a power gain for 500 rpm after VTEC engages.

And a power DROP slightly when IAB's open...

Could explain the power loss! I'd be checking the VTEC solenoid to make sure it's not clogged up, and IAB butterflies may be sticky!

Could explain the power loss! I'd be checking the VTEC solenoid to make sure it's not clogged up

Thanks, i'll give it a shot! Do i have to go to a Honda dealership to get a new solenoid O-ring or is it a common spare part?