Soooooo, DD has been performing well in her daily duties, although I still cringe at how dirty she gets! Anyhoo, the snow arrived today so after clearing a space in the garage got her in to fit the winter Ghetto wheels. Took me ages, quite out of breath at times so seems I still have a way to go on the fitness thing after the heart attack. My mate arrived as I got to fitting the last two wheels so gave me a hand. A lot of faffing about as I have to drive her onto a plank of wood as the trolley jack wont go under otherwise because she's lowered, so reinforcing my idea to get her back on her oem suspension. So, fitted the last wheel (nsr) and then drove her out of the garage.

Disaster! Horrible grinding at the rear! Thinking it may have been the hanbrake/caliper seized, drover back in then faffed aboiut getting her jacked up again. Took the wheel off, and could see a line on the inside edge of the wheel where the paint had ground off. Looked at the rear suspension, and the wheel was grinding off the trailing arm. Might have got away with a wheel spacer, but A: dont have any and B: spacing them out would then probably cause em to rub on the arch (again cos she's lowered). Gutted!

So, had to swap the wheels all back to her dished Cades again. Her tyres on these wheels are needing replaced asap, as the inside edges are wearing out. Again gutted as these are Pirelli pilots or something so decent tyres, but no good if they're on there way out.

So now theres snow on the roads here, and DD's on her summer low profile tyres and lowered suspension. Can see me getting stuck very soon! :car6:

Plan B is to get the winter tyres taken off those steel rims and put them on her old OEM 14" alloys. Those have rotten tyres on them at the moment and the wheels badly need a refurb, but at leas I know these fit! Trouble is I'm skint at the moment so the saga continues!

Jeez that's an unusual one. Must be a real big offset. How unlucky.

How much of a spacer do you think it will take?

5mm be enough?

Cheap enough to try a set?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

Jeez that's an unusual one. Must be a real big offset. How unlucky.

How much of a spacer do you think it will take?

5mm be enough?

Cheap enough to try a set?

Think maybe 5mm, although not sure on how much travel there is in the suspension as didnt take her out on the road so 5mm might do intitially but might run into issues. 10mm I think would clear it, but then the wheels will be directly in line with the arch i think.

Tis weird indeed, as these rims are deffo not deep dished so really surprised that it was against the suspension on the rear. Massive pain in the butt but I'll need to have a look at her old alloys and take it from there. Tyres are like blooming new as well, so even more gutting!