That's a relief... Still a bugger though. 

A guy from work has a Caterham, and had a sheared bolt in the block.. He was really sweating on drilling it out. He got some of those bolt extractors, and a reverse pitch drill bit, and luckily the drill bit got it out without needing to use the extractors. 

• Like 1

Sooooo, the double din dash conversion panel is completed! Actually really pleased with it, even if it was a total pain in the ass to do! Some pics below, hope you like!

Finished1.jpg

Finished2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dan1 said:

Looks awesome mate, will look OEM for anyone who isnt familiar with our cars!

Thanks Dan! Yes, deffo looks oem, and will also fool quite a few who are familiar with these cars too! lol :-D That exterior surround isn't going in \DD though that its temp fitted to just now, that's just a scabby old spare which is also grey so no good.

Been hunting in the garage and found my oem Integra (DC2) TypeR cupholder, the one that pops out from the dash. So hoping to see if that can be fitted in along with the double din. Even if I have to sacrafice the ashtray, I wouldn't mind as thats never been used and wont evr get used so be nice to have something useful there.

Plus the fact its the one thing these cars are totally missing, should have had cupholders designed into them when new! It's not like there weren't any drive-throughs in 1995 onwards! 

So once its all fitted, it'll bring DD bang up to date technology wise, and convenience wise.:cool:

Amazing work Dave - will be good to see it installed in its glory. 

I've often wondered about this integra cup holders about whether they'd fit - look like they'll be so much better to use than those ones in the arm rest. 

• Like 1

Deffo mate, the arm rest ones I have sitting on a shelf in the garage............I found them to be next to useless in the car lol. The ITR one should fit in nicely, just need to see how I'm gonna do it lol

Yeah, I do use them very occasionally, but they're so bloody awkward to use. Some big four ones for water bottles would be handy - I know someone made some of them once. Might look into doing that. 

Woohooooo! applause.gif1Super excited, the new head unit is here!! Now just got to figure out how to install the damn thing! Doesnt fit in a standard double din cage, instead has brackets so looks like I'm gonna need to fit it to the console then fit the console to the car. Will probably need to fabricate some brackets. Why is nothing ever easy! :blink:

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic