21 hours ago, dr_broon said:

I did a few runs with a load of block paving in tubs' boot once. Not sure the rear suspension was ever the same again :lol:

Can't wait for the salt to feck off so I can get the HUD meister out again. 

I'm getting ready for the sun. Got couple little jobs to do tomorrow. Then alignment and Mot on Thurs. Get ready for some better weather.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2022 at 11:46 PM, Dave said:

Interesting pics.....has DD been lowered again?

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs1.jpg

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs2.jpg

LOL nope, DD has been busy helping us improve the garden....transported 13 slabs (heavy duty thick ones too, not the usual B&Q cheapies!) in her boot.

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs3.jpg

Did make the handling...errrr..interesting in the high winds we had! Just shows how bloody great practical cars these decks really are though, although have to say I won't be putting that many in her again. think that was probably the max weight she's ever had/ever will have in her. 

Oh, and she's filthy from a weekend on our roads that are covered in some of the s**ttiest salt known to mankind, god knows whats in it but it makes one hell of a mess of the cars. Don't worry though, after she was unloaded, she was straight in for a bath! Now all nice and clean and shiney again.

Bleedin el Dave go easy on the old gal!!!

• Haha 2

• Dave pinned this topic

So, not much been happening lately for DD, just enjoying her new life cruising about all the lovely wee country roads we have here. Due the MINIs MOT coming up and needing a tyre or two replaced (and I'm skint!) decided that Poppy could borrow DD's shoes for the mot for now. So DD's now wearing her OEM alloys, which are still in amazing nick considering they're all original, never been refurbed. Weird seeing her on the 14's again lol

DD on OEM alloys.jpg

DD on OEM alloys2.jpg

• Like 1

Think the rolling diameter is the same on them due to the profile, although with the 16's I put on a larger profile tyre  so those ones deffo fill the arches better. The wee 14's are just the standard size profile. It's making my choice of new wheels (which is a long way down the line) for the MINI a bit easier, she really suits the dished wheels. Always wanted to see what she'd be like with 16's (has 17's as standard) and thought the 16's if dished might look too small? They look bob on I think!

Poppy all finished cleaned and ready for MOT2.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, there's a visual trick though that when you go up to a bigger rim, the smaller tyre makes the gap seem bigger... Leading to lowering urges :-D

• Haha 1

Sooooo...................MOT day and they've just called. She's passed!!! Went to have a look on the gov mot website to see if any advisories but they must be updating it as she currently shows as a red Astra!! rlol.gif1 She was deffo showing as a mini on their at the start of the week lol.

So chuffed, always dread the 1st mot I put a car through as it can sometimes show up things you couldn't see when buying them. Although, tbf, I have been pretty much up close and personal with Poppy's underside with all the exhaust work etc lol Picking her up later so looking forward to getting to drive her again! Off to Glasgow tomorrow in Poppy to Gayle's sisters so be first long run since all the work was done.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

lol just noticed this! I meant to post that in Poppy's thread! It's Poppy who passed her MOT, DD's isn't due till next month lol

• Haha 1