kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

just looked at your thread never looked in here before cant believe I missed out on this before. love what you have done is really clean now and come a long way from when you started. very nice clean car.

• Like 1

Yes mate. I have poly bushed everything except the front lower shock because they were new previous mot when I bought the car. Also I replace both upper and lower rear arms. So the came with new bushes already in.

The rest are poly. I have some energy bushes. Some strong flex. And some xs power black bushes.

An eg kit would do 90% of an ma/mb.

Only the arbs obviously different diameters and you would probably get some Un needed rear drop link bushes.

Strong flex are good because you can just order what you want and there cheap.

Cool I will look into the strong flex. I bet it's unreal how your EG sticks to the road! :shock:  I was looking at front ARB poly bushes but it shows 3 options for different stiffness for my particular car. Should I just get the hardest ones? I am also looking to replace the top mount bushes as my MB3 seems to pull to the right when driven hard (tracking been done and have same tyres all round). So hopefully if I stiffen her up, all the unusual pulling to the right and handling will be solved  :wink:

I think I had the medium hardness. Not sure going all out rock hard on a road car is a good idea.

Also can't see the top mount causing pulling with the double wishbone setup we have. Maybe though. More likely some play in one of the arms. Which obviously some nice new bushes would solve that.

It's Honda downfall unfortunately. Bushes are a bit naff.

And yeah the eg is not too shabby in the corners. Still sure it could be improved but it has a definite point and squirt feel about it.

• 2 weeks later...