Thanks tom :)

Well my mate got a decat exhaust and had to put the original exhaust back on for the mot as his decat wouldnt pass emissions... So i mean if i just go for back box or from cat backwards then shouldn't have any problems!

Saying that my car didnt pass emissions when i first got it anyway lol!!

I've converted my steering to manual mate. And its a bit of a chore to be honest. Even when moving, it feels very stiff in tight corners. maneuvering from parked on the street is hurrendous, I will have guns like Paul knight before long!!

lol mate! you should see my guns now! :shock: ,,,,,, B)

Don't remove your PAS. I had a mk1 mazda mx5 as a daily with no power steering and that sucked balls big time. You may gain like 3bhp doing it but you'll never feel that! If you want more room then remove your AC, I did that this year, tons more room, probably fit a baby seat down there lol!

Love the bonnet struts mate...bet that must feel nice opening the bonnet now :)

Now i get what's CAI..so your air filter is in the bumper now? Got one question...how do I know if my air filter is getting the heat soak?

• Like 1

At least i wont need to hit the gym without PAS lol!!

Think thats what im going for now matty, leave PAS in and remove the AC... Where would remove gas from the system before i remove it... And how much does it cost?

Yeah does look cool opening bonnet with the struts on now mate... Though i can see the brackets bending as the metal i used is sheet alli but im in progress of making some tougher brackets for them... Also im going breakers end of next week after payday for various few bits and stronger, longer gas struts are on the list!!

Not sure how you would notice heat soak.. Maybe slight fall in performance as engine gets hot and starts sucking in hot air... Can always get a heat shield like i had but i prefur CAI (cold air induction) as i know heat deffo wont be an issue!

I just cut the pipe with a knife and let it all out into our amazing atmosphere! You can undo a bolt and let it all leak mate, and then it's just a few bolts and the main parts out.

Right i'll enquire about it!

Lol matty! Can be dangerous stuff so think i'll just get it removed properly haha!

Found out my cambelt has nearly done 100,000 miles... Not been done since 64,000 mile service so hopefully get that done tonight!!

I couldnt deal with the guilt of letting my aircon gas out...

So my mate did it while I stood about ten feet away.

He looked like real white trash goin for it with a fab hangin out his gob.

Hows the belt change going?

• Like 1