1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

are those tyres road legal or just for track?

Road legal, atleast over here in Finland, and we've got really strict traffic laws so i reckon they should ok over there as well. Just saw a JDM DC5 with the same tires yesterday.

Just got back from Berlin. For anybody traveling there, Classic Remise is a must visit: http://www.remise.de/Classic-Remise-Berlin-english-summary.php

They had pretty much every classic sports car you can imagine. Felt like a slice of heaven! :smile:

And the Volks are finally on. Sorry no photos yet but to tell you the truth, it wasn't really a jawdropper for me once the deck was lowered again and off the jackstands. The front looks very nice, but in the rear the tires are just too stretched and from the side it looks like there's just a huge rim with a rubber band around it. A pretty good looking rim though, imho, but there's still work to be done to get it right. I could just bite the bullet and buy bigger tires but want to try other options first.

And it looks like i can't get arches rolled without spending 50€ (42£) per arch. Luckily the front is quite ok, it's almost all the way down and i get barely any rub but in the back the gap is just too big with the wide stretch so it's has to go lower and that means rolling. I could take a chance and try to learn something new and borrow a roller and a heat gun but it's gonna be quite a job: i will need spacers and to lift the suspension almost all the way to the top to get the roller in the right position. And the H&R's are pretty tight to move. Especially at the moment: one of the rings used to wrench the suspension higher or lower on my right rear corner has jammed! Completely. I fought 2 hours against it and couldn't get it to move at all. Sprayed almost a can of crc, tapped (and banged!) the wrench with a hammer and even used my foot and whole body weight against it but in vain. Well i did manage to bend the wrench quite a bit! I adjusted the height 3 months ago and every corned moved ok, so i've got no idea what's gone wrong. It's just stuck. I'd hate to take it to the shop since i'm completely out of cash after the Berlin trip, any super duper ideas how/what yet to try?

Total frustration. :cry:  But luckily this is just a hobby. And i like this! :twisted:

I'll post some pics soon.

Take it very gently with the arch roller, honda paint is weak!

also use a heat gun to make the paint plyable, i made the mistake of doing it in the winter with know heat and cracked the paint, once i used heat the arch roller worked a treat.

Take it very gently with the arch roller, honda paint is weak!

also use a heat gun to make the paint plyable, i made the mistake of doing it in the winter with know heat and cracked the paint, once i used heat the arch roller worked a treat.

Yes i've heard! Luckily a friend of mine has a heat gun.

And now finally some pics with the volks:

nqrp.jpg

n48q.jpg

hbzu.jpg

qk2y.jpg

aod9.jpg

As you can see there's a gap in the rear arch. The front looks good i think so once the rear get sorted out i think it'll be quite a tasty baby of a deck! Hope you like it as much as i do. There's washer fluid leaking from the front btw. And i swapped the repeater bulbs to chromes after taking the shots. Also treated her to a new pollen filter, washed and oiled the air filter and fixed the driver's broken power window (was luckily just the fuse).

Getting ready for some trackdays this summer with a set of Toyo Proxes R888 195/50's. Can't wait to test how well they'll grip :twisted: .

m6ui.jpg

Fitted the Toyo's yesterday and took her for a spirited test drive. I thought i knew what "grip" meant, but i was so wrong. Because these babies GRIP! I was laughing so much, couldn't even get tire squeal in the corners and still almost fell of my seat. :grin:  I need to get to a track soon to test some limits.

But i've noticed my front end has become bouncy instead of skiddy at revvy takeoffs. Also same problem when redlining first gear and doing a lightning quick change to second. I used to think this was just because of poor tires, and yes the toyos did help a lot but still there's some bounce and i didn't have this problem before last winter. Maybe there's something wrong with the suspension, any ideas? Anyone else have the same problem?