1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

But i'm definitely now loving my rad fan! :evil: I don't know if it's the same with everybody else's M's but mine doesn't even turn on until the needle is about 3/4 the way up the gauge. And at that point it isn't powerful enough to keep the vtec heat down so i could only do 2-3 laps of hard driving at the most without stopping for cooling. AND when cooling down, the fan goes off way before the engine has actually cooled down to anywhere near normal temperatures... :mad:. Frustrating.

But that'll be fixed! I don't know what's the best way to do it, but i'm planning on something like this for future track days: get a connector that goes into the rad fan motor, attach some wires, attach a switch, attach some more wires and connect them straight to the battery. Then i should have non-stop fannage at the flick of a switch... if all goes well. :roll: It seems simple to me but this kind of custom stuff isn't really my alley so if someone has any advice or better ideas, let's hear them!

Change the switch. My both M:s have started the rad fan with no prob, with needle in quite normal temp. Just a some time idling during summer and fan kicks in. The sensor itself shouldn't be hard to change. 

Haven't driven in Ahvenisto with deck, I hope that I have the possibility this autumn, It's definitely great track.   

Nice video, do you think you could have gone quicker if you had kept the IABs open more? :wink:

Can't get more official than being on the home screen of the forum chap, well done! 

Aaa the home screen! My quick link takes me straight to the forum and i've just kept checking the cotm-page for updates on the situation, i haven't even been to the home screen for ages. But now that i've seen it i believe it, so a big thanks to everyone for the votes! I truly appreciate it. Especially a big hand to Knight for entering me, i probably would've waited for another year or two to get the deck "ready" before entering myself :roll:! Well now it's nice and sunny outside so i think i'll do a proper wash n' wax + interior clean to celebrate this... maybe even do some e-baying!

And speaking of the IABs i think i need a remap! Especially for that track. :grin:

Change the switch. My both M:s have started the rad fan with no prob, with needle in quite normal temp. Just a some time idling during summer and fan kicks in. The sensor itself shouldn't be hard to change. 

Haven't driven in Ahvenisto with deck, I hope that I have the possibility this autumn, It's definitely great track.   

I've changed the sensor, before that the fan wouldn't work at all. But you mean the radiator fan switch that goes into the thermostat housing? The thermostat itself has been changed twice at a shop during other servicing, do you think they've changed the switch at the same time or is it a separate component? I wouldn't want to do work that's been done already...

But if you're going to Ahvenisto, let me know! I'm planning on going back there atleast a couple of times before this season is over, was such a blast last time. 8-)

Put the Volks back on last weekend and took a proper look at the Toyo's. Here's the fronts (left) compared to the rears:

hyu6.jpg

After 1500km of road use and 150km on the track the fronts have 4mm and rears 5mm left. The rears were full of molten tire bits off the front tires on them, i guess i've tested the limits of traction pretty thoroughly now! :grin:

As promised for winning cotm i gave the deck a proper wash n' wax and interior clean and took her for a night drive around the Helsinki shore and managed to even get one ok looking shot.

zx80.jpg

But i'm definitely now loving my rad fan! :evil: I don't know if it's the same with everybody else's M's but mine doesn't even turn on until the needle is about 3/4 the way up the gauge. And at that point it isn't powerful enough to keep the vtec heat down so i could only do 2-3 laps of hard driving at the most without stopping for cooling. AND when cooling down, the fan goes off way before the engine has actually cooled down to anywhere near normal temperatures... :mad:. Frustrating.

I have the same problem...my fan doesn't turn on even at high engine temperatures...!!!

I have no idea, if there's a sensor problem or what?

I have the same problem...my fan doesn't turn on even at high engine temperatures...!!!

I have no idea, if there's a sensor problem or what?

Change the ECT sensor, that's how i got mine working... even though it turns on really late but better late than never.