1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

So much for spring!

j6py.jpg

Also the 1st of March  signals the start of summertire season, but i think i'll stick to my winters for a few more weeks in case of a "backwinter" which always comes... even though i can barely wait to get my Volks back on!

Fun to quote myself, but glad i didn't change tires yet, unlike some of my friends! :grin: It's been like this for a couple of days which also has put a stop to my horn fixing duties. No fun playing with wires when it's -6 outside! I've got a lot going on at the moment:

- fix horn

- fix right rear wheel bearing

- replace fuel filter

- gather parts for timing belt change

- look for adjustable cam gears

- pass MOT

There's conversation about most of these in other parts of the forum. Also i've booked a time to get my exhaust fitted: 25.4.! Hopefully i'll get the rest done before this.

• Like 1

So much for spring!

j6py.jpg

Fun to quote myself, but glad i didn't change tires yet, unlike some of my friends! :grin: It's been like this for a couple of days which also has put a stop to my horn fixing duties. No fun playing with wires when it's -6 outside! I've got a lot going on at the moment:

- fix horn

- fix right rear wheel bearing

- replace fuel filter

- gather parts for timing belt change

- look for adjustable cam gears

- pass MOT

There's conversation about most of these in other parts of the forum. Also i've booked a time to get my exhaust fitted: 25.4.! Hopefully i'll get the rest done before this.

Nice snow you have! We only got rain this winter! :(

I'm sure you'll get those bits sorted! Times like this is when you want a space you can heat up and just get on with jobs!

Nice snow you have! We only got rain this winter! :(

I'm sure you'll get those bits sorted! Times like this is when you want a space you can heat up and just get on with jobs!

and nice view too :)

I'm hanging on to my winters for a bit as well, not that we're likely to get any snow, but there's still frost / ice in the long range forecast.  Even though I could smell rubber and had warm tyres when I got out at work the other morning :shock:.  I'd been taking it easy as well because they felt a bit skitey coz of the temps.

and nice view too :)

I'm hanging on to my winters for a bit as well, not that we're likely to get any snow, but there's still frost / ice in the long range forecast.  Even though I could smell rubber and had warm tyres when I got out at work the other morning :shock:.  I'd been taking it easy as well because they felt a bit skitey coz of the temps.

My 16" fanblades will be getting winter/wet weather tyres fitted once they're the right colour! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the horn wroking again, turned out i have aftermarket horns and the previous owner had added a extra fuse that had blown i had no idea even existed. But problem solved, and now that i know about the custom horn i can add one more thing to my mods list. :wink:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bearing fixed. Distributor rotor replaced (had a seized screw). Fuel filter changed. Got a dodgy one at first from ebay, glad i took a look inside before fitting it. It had either rust or muck or something inside :-o . But luckily the garage had one that fitted right on their shelf.

Passed MOT last week, but with 2 notifications. The guy said i need new rear blinkers. I told him what are you talking about man i just checked them and they worked! So he put them on said "tell me what colour they are". Well... they were almost white. The orange had burnt away from the bulbs. So he won and i lost 4€ in new bulbs. But i think i can live with that!  :roll:  Second thing on the list was that my backbox was hanging a bit, one of the supports had rusted off. But that's no problem since on friday i'm getting a complete new exhaust with mad Magnaflow sounds!!! :twisted:

Last friday gave my summer wheels a bit of clean and polish and washed my winter wheels. Washed them thoroughly. VERY thoroughly. And this is how they look:IMG_0212.jpg

Yes, i know, some of you told me that polished lips and winter isn't a good combo... and now i believe you! But in the end i don't think the Rials even looked that good on the deck... i had 14" Compomotive CXN honeycombs on my old MA8 and i really liked them so thought the 15" Rials would work as well, but no. So i think i'll polish these (again... :roll: ) and sell them away, hopefully for a decent price. And then i can get the deep dish XXR's that i was warned about for next winter! :mrgreen: