1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

In addition to the shiny looks and racey sounds my 0-60 times have improved. I did some before and after pulls using G-tac Free on iphone to get the results. Even though they sound too good to be true, they give an idea that the car accelerates better now. Before fitting the exhaust, on the drive there the best time i got out of a series of pulls on similar stretches of road, was 7.69s. With the new exhaust, my best pull was 7.40s and a average out of five 7.48s. I highly doubt that the times can really be that good, but my bum dyno agrees that there's been an improvement! Especially in the mid-high range. So all in all money well spent! :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lowered the deck to summer height and took a few pics of the new plumbing:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Volks back on... mmm....

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

And tomorrow cambelt renewal + these little babies:

IMG_0325.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

It's been 3 months since my last update so time to get this topic back on the road. Hopefully things will pick up speed now that i've changed jobs and with that my "garage" has changed from this:

post-2974-0-63895500-1408433113_thumb.jp

...to this:

post-2974-0-89688200-1408433084_thumb.jp

After 6 years of working for the Helsinki Youth Department i asked for a transfer to this moped/car workshop. Basically it's a place where anybody aged 16 to 23 can come and fix their rides for almost free of cost, and if needed get assistance from our team of 4 instructors. We've got a lift, tire machine, welding equipment in addition to a arsenal of quality tools etc. so it's almost as well stocked as any commercial garage. All this funded by taxpayer money. Even though i'm nowhere near a qualified mechanic (yet!), i'm learning from the others as we go AND can use the facility for my own projects before and after hours and on the weekends. So i'm pretty stoked about that! More updates soon to come.

• Like 1