1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Glad you will be centring it at some point, that would bug me :lol:

To be honest it's not that noticeable unless you're looking at it straight on. Then it looks bad, like on the photos i just posted, but honestly how many of you noticed that it was off center in the older photos? It's been like that for 4 months. But yeah you're right, it NEEDS to be centered!

B-E-A-Utifull! Loving your deck fella!

Did you encounter any problems when rolling the arches?

Not really, luckily I had a friend who had done it before. My job was to give constant heat (but not too much!) to make sure paint wouldn't chip, which i've heard is the biggest.problem you encounter doing this. Thorough clean from the inside, proper heat and slow & steady roll is the way to go.

Amd a mid spolier :wink:

I respect everyone with a midspoiler on their decks, but for me it's just too much! :-D What i might do one day is go for a totally different rear bumper, since it never really liked the vti-s rear lip. Time will tell...

:-D Interesting you have the  black plastic thing on top of your rear bumper <same as mine> quite rare it Seems :-P

any exhaust updates as yours is missing :geek:

I thought the bumper strip was stock on the 1.8 model? Never really paid attention to this on other decks but cool to know i have something rare! By the way has anyone ever noticed the mini car phone aerial on the back of my roof? :-D

The plate photos were actually taken before the new exhaust so everything is still big loud n' shiny! But i have to admit that for long distance driving it's simply too loud :roll: . The low note on highwayspeeds of 60-80 mph gets drilled into my brain after a while! Luckily i very rarely have long drives but in the long run i think i'll change the exhaust. Maybe do a exit on both sides and a muffler on each  idea.gif1 ...? Haven't seen that too often!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get to 2 track days this summer. First one was a big event at Ahvenisto in august. They had drifting, time attack, car show and also open track for everyone. Needless to say it was so crowded it wasn't a time to chase lap times, i couldn't even get my tire pressures sorted out right (was a blazing hot day) but was fun driving with everything between 1.5 eg's and 911's on the track at the same time.

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

But once again had overheating issues. The only possible cause left was the rad itself so i ordered this:

b0e71a10-232c-4efd-a2f5-a3dcfc64496b.jpg

Was simple but a pain at the same time! Literally every single nut, bolt, clamp and hose was totally stuck but luckily i had reserved most of the day (which it took) for the project. A 99% perfect fit, i'd recommend this to anyone who needs a new rad. Proper flush, new fluids, and at the next track day in september no more overheating! Was so happy doing hot lap after another i ended up overheating my rear pads "a bit" :-D:

IMG_1771.jpg

Since i had already made the over 100 mile trek to Alastaro early in the morning and the track was open for another 6 hours, decided to try to source new pads and luckily found a set from a nearby town. After a bit of squealy driving and some proper pit time was back on track... only to end the day with the same happening to my front pads! It was literally the last lap that i noticed something's not right with the brakes again. Ofcourse it was too late to source any new pads at that time of day so had a pretty noisy drive home... :-D

Will post a video of the fastest lap some day soon. I still haven't replaced my pads, it's still driveable blush.gif1 just have to take it pretty easy! The reason for the delay is that project brake pad has grown to "project upgrade every single brake system component!". More of that in another topic here: http://civic5.com/forum/topic/9358-track-day-discs-pads-for-a-daily-driven-mc2/.

• Like 2