Sounds about right then! I can hear one of my fronts binding! So got that to look forward to!

Least she's getting there dude! Half done is better than having to abort! Have you just replaced with OEM stuff dude?

Might be worth leaving the M's parked without the handbrakes on? P on the Deck is enough and leave Ruby in gear or chock a wheel? :idea:

That's what I always do mate, never leave the handbrake on as it's guaranteed to get siezed on. lol

That's what I always do mate, never leave the handbrake on as it's guaranteed to get siezed on. lol

And it still got seized up, not good. :(

How did you get on with the other side?

I'm guessing the lack of response from Dave means the other side was probably seized and he's now out on a rampage hunting Civic M's to steal calipers off! 

• 1 month later...

lol update time! Krzys you is right mate, had to replace both rear calippers, and one of the ones i bought (both reconditioned calippers) was the wrong one, so took time to go get it exchanged etc. Glad to report though, brakes all replaced now, fluid replaced with dot 5.1 racing fluid, and she's match fit again!

Now for the blingy bit! I bought another cam cover from a member on here, and decided to fit it so I could get Rubys original one stripped and prepped for customizing. The one I bought had been done red, so looked decent, although the red was starting to flake off with it lying about the garage. Anyways, hit a big problem when getting the rocker cover off! All the nuts came off easy appart from the one in the corner next to the oil filler cap. This just kept spinning! A call to Rich @civicturbo79 and it was decided that the stud must be fooked! So went to Honda and ordered up a new stud, along with new washers and nice new shiney chrome rocker cover nuts. Got the stud out and cover off with help from @Jim (big thanks mate!) so time to fit her newly finished cover!

I spent ages metal polishing it, but decided rather than have the whole cover metal polished like most do, I wanted to have some of her body colour on the cover too. So after much work, here's how she looks now under the bonnet! Also forgot about the vtec solenoid cover and rad bracket I bought a while back, so first pics of them are there to see!

The offending stud now replaced with new one

post-2844-0-69720700-1402228095_thumb.jp

Lots of new wee bits from Honda!post-2844-0-92545500-1402228090_thumb.jppost-2844-0-18288200-1402228086_thumb.jp

Cover done

post-2844-0-72335700-1402228067_thumb.jp

Rubys bay!

post-2844-0-18798800-1402228075_thumb.jppost-2844-0-54234000-1402228081_thumb.jp

The cover isnt 100% perfect, as the masking tape pulled some paint off! But now I know where I went wrong, I'm doing the same with the spare cover only this time it'll be spot on and with a twist!

Hope you like. Deck to do next!

• Like 4

hehe, the next one is gonna look the same, but with a big difference to the lettering!  Forgot to say the spark plug cover is getting sprayed same colour as the car, that's how it looks a bit pants! The cover has been sanded ready for painting 8-)  Next up will be new sparkplug leads in red, new samco hoses (not sure if they will be red, might clash) then all brackets in the bay prepped and painted or polished. Getting fender washers in anodised red too along with a battery clamp. The slam panel will be getting sprayed too to freshen it up a bit too. 8-)

• Like 1

Also decided today to put Ruby into daily use through the summer (and use the deck too) and put Lexy in the garage. That way it will keep them all in good mechanical order (and allow some posing! lol)

• Dave unpinned this topic