Driving this silly ep2 thing round, got as much grunt as a ride on lawn mower

pmsl! I was actually looking at EP2's! Then saw Lexy and that was it. On saying that, havent seen Lexy for over a week now. She's back in Honda, regarding a few flaws I found in the paintwork. Pees me off tooling about in a new honda civic 5 door, aint quite the same as the 5 door civics I know! And actusally regretting selling Ruby! Bloody knew I would! :(:lol:

Driving this silly ep2 thing round, got as much grunt as a ride on lawn mower

pmsl! I was actually looking at EP2's! Then saw Lexy and that was it. On saying that, havent seen Lexy for over a week now. She's back in Honda, regarding a few flaws I found in the paintwork. Pees me off tooling about in a new honda civic 5 door, aint quite the same as the 5 door civics I know! And actusally regretting selling Ruby! Bloody knew I would! :(:lol:

It's never too late to buy another M! :idea:

• 1 month later...

Well, as you all know I couldn't live without Ruby, and regretted the sale since day one. So, I bought her back. Took a bit of persuading, but her current owner gave in in the end. So sitting behind the wheel, it felt like coming home! Was so nice to be back in her, and could picture dawn sitting there with a big grin when I hit Vtec. Thats where the first problem raised it's head!

Under acceleration, it pulled hard to the left. Back off the loud pedal, it went back to the right. :shock: Was like WTF????? so got her home, and started checking the front suspension. Turns out the n/s/f tyre had been changed, and the one fitted was barely legal, with a small cut in the side wall too. I changed the wheel, and instantly, the pulling was gone. I asked him about this (her other owner) and he said that one of the goodyears I had fitted just before the sale had developed a bulge? So he'd got that fitted instead. Bit strange to say the least, but hey ho, on we go. I took her out for a spin, and noticed that on bumpy roads (cobbles etc) she sounds like every single bit of trim is hanging off in the boot. Really sounds shocking, like you're sitting in biscuit tin with some plastic bits rattling around. So that needs looking into. Was always nice and quiet before, even on the bumpiest roads.

So had a look at rear suspension, as Mike told me he'd fitted new stuff (MGZS arb and Changed the shocks/springs) so wanted to see how it had been fitted. Spotted the MGZS arb, but wrapped with black insulation tape! Looks bloody awful! So need to take that off and get it properly powder coated before refitting. Then I noticed, the suspension is all the same as before????? Standard Ruby suspension. Bit miffed, as he said " you'll notice a big difference in the handling now!" Yeah, on first drive it pulled all over the place on an illegal tyre, then find out all thats been done is the arb??? I wouldnt have even trusted it in a straight line, let alone canning it into bends! So going to get the whole suspension off her, as I don't trust it. Not sure what's been done and what hasn't.

Also noticed on the wee drive over to Pauls last night, the new stereo, which was switched off, kept coming on then going off again! This was going to be one of my first jobs, changing this! It's some wierd dvd player type thing, with no manufacturers name anywhere on it! Looks cheap as hell, and is also annoying to operate. He told me the Alpine head unit kept cutting out, again can't say owt because maybe it did with him. Just know it worked perfect for me even on the day I sold her. And it was a quality bit of kit too, so wish he'd just left it in there. So, today I go to remove the dvd unit, as I'm worried it could cause a fire. Pulls it out, and oh yes, my pet hate! Rubys radio harness has been butchered to fuck! I hate when fucking retards do this! Why do it??? she had the honda to iso connector harness fitted, all they had to do was fit the radio! One side of the original harness has had the plug completely cut off, and is wired all to feck. the other one, which has the most wires on it, has had a few wires cut and bodged onto the other side. End result, no power to the Pioneer unit I'm fitting back in! Looking at the wiring, I have no idea what the hells been done, or why. No wonder the dvd unit was going on and off itself! So been in touch with 1000rpm in the forum to see if he can get a new harness up to me.

So fucking annoyed to find this! If people don't know how to do jobs on a car, leave it the fuck alone and get someone who does. Not a happy bunny! :evil: Knew I should never have sold her in the first place! She deffo aint been getting looked after! Kinda guessed that by the posts between her owner and his mates, always arguing the toss over who was the fastest. :evil:

So plans are,

Stage 1: get her wiring sorted, get a set of Meister R suspension on her and replace all bushes, replace two front tyres with new GoodYears, get wheels changed back to white and sort out the rattles etc coming from the rear (well, pretty much all over the interior! lol).

Stage 2: Get the VTiS sideskirts I still have, plus her rear lip and front lip, all resprayed and refitted. Also going to change the front grill (has been sprayed black, not a bad job done but not to my taste tbh)

Oh, and that unkown dvd player. Fecked it straight in the wheely bin! :):lol:

Oh my days! Who is this guy? Never on my life have I known anyone substitute paint for electrical tape.

Shocking all around.

glad she's back in good hands.

• Dave unpinned this topic