Any advisors ?

Not even one mate! was amazed! :D I decided on getting the new brakes and getting the trailing arm bushes done as I felt the discs were warped (vibrating under heavy braking) and there's been this knocking noise in the n/s/r for ages that no garages seemed able to detect, until the boys at RJM noticed slight play in the trailing arm bush on that side (not enough for a fail or an advisory though). So hoping this cures the wee niggles once and for all. Also getting the brake fluid drained and refilled with fresh stuff 8-) Should be getting her back at some point tomorrow as didnt have enough time to pic her up today

Any advisors ?

Not even one mate! was amazed! :D I decided on getting the new brakes and getting the trailing arm bushes done as I felt the discs were warped (vibrating under heavy braking) and there's been this knocking noise in the n/s/r for ages that no garages seemed able to detect, until the boys at RJM noticed slight play in the trailing arm bush on that side (not enough for a fail or an advisory though). So hoping this cures the wee niggles once and for all. Also getting the brake fluid drained and refilled with fresh stuff 8-) Should be getting her back at some point tomorrow as didnt have enough time to pic her up today

Nice one, always good to to get a clean bill of health. :D

Got her back yesterday, and she's driving perfect! The bill for all the work (inc MOT) came in at £600, but when I looked at the itemized invoice, the service alone was a job well done. Fuel filter, oil filter, pollen filter, oil, spark plugs etc all done, brake fluids changed, new trailing arm bushes fitted (these were a pig to get out!) new discs and pads etc. Seeing as she didnt cost owt for her mot, thought it was a good idea to get this all done so she's mechanically perfect again.

That along with the 4 x Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres I got her means thats all shes getting for a while! lol Around £850-£900 over the last couple of months! :o

:D

Yeah, keep thinking that aswell, but like you say, could end up buying a right nightmare on wheels. Least I know she's a good un' 8-) The skirts still havent been prepped or painted yet mate, had too much on since this time last year with hospital etc. They will be top of the to do list now the mot's out the way though. Need to get them on so she's finished........just a couple more wee things I want to get for her though ;)

• Dave unpinned this topic