At least she's back in the right place & you'll have her back to how she was. Just don't be getting rid again, now your competing with our 3 car family rlol.gif1rlol.gif1rlol.gif1

So, been busy today! managed to sort out her wiring, so it's now safe and back as it should be. Still going to get the connector changed and got one on the way. So with the offending stereo out, it was time to fill that space!

Had to go to halfords to get a new iso harness, as the old one was deemed beyond repair, and while i was in had a wee look at the stereos! wasn't looking for a new one as i had the pioneer mp3 one sitting waiting to go in, but well, you know what it's like! lol boys and their toys! lmao :lol: ended up buying a new pioneer, with usb, DAB radio, cd/mp3 player and tidy display (can customize the colour)

so got it all nicely fitted, and sounds and looks sweet! heres the pics!

old unit with no name (now residing in the wheely bin!)

IMAG0456_zpsd3e3da6e.jpg

and the new pioneer......luverly!

IMAG0455_zps63f3a4bc.jpg

yeah, the sound is brilliant mate! Unfortunately, during tiding up, I must have pressed the cigar lighter in, and when it was ready it shot out of the lighter socket and landed on the gear surround. I was like " wtf was that???" Spotted the lighter, went to pick it up, and my finger went right in the hot bit!!! One hell of a nasty burn on the finger tip of my index finger. Bloody hurting like hell now!! Plus side is, I now have no finger print on that finger! So can do illegal stuff and almost leave no finger prints! haha!

System looks good though, and being Pioneer, keeps the OEM goodness! 8-)

yeah, the sound is brilliant mate! Unfortunately, during tiding up, I must have pressed the cigar lighter in, and when it was ready it shot out of the lighter socket and landed on the gear surround. I was like " wtf was that???" Spotted the lighter, went to pick it up, and my finger went right in the hot bit!!! One hell of a nasty burn on the finger tip of my index finger. Bloody hurting like hell now!! Plus side is, I now have no finger print on that finger! So can do illegal stuff and almost leave no finger prints! haha!

System looks good though, and being Pioneer, keeps the OEM goodness! 8-)

Not sure what illegal stuff you can perform using just one finger but still could end up being a result burning one print off :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So glad you rescued her from that guy she sounded like she was in danger of being killed forever :x:x:x, And masking tape well i shall not even bother commenting on such a stupid bodge up

[Chorus]

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby

Do you, do you, do you, do you

Know what you're doing, doing, to me

Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby

Do you, do you, do you, do you

Know what you're doing, doing, to me

Glad to hear you got her back Dave. Not having a go at the guy you sold it to, but he didn't really seem bothered tbh about the car just about how low it could go etc. YAWWWWN. I dont think he realised how much effort and time had gone into it etc. Anyways moving on swiftly lol it's good to see her back where she belongs! And good news about the deck too mate.

Sounds like that guy had no idea at all! I bet she's as glad to be with you as you are to have her back! :D

Does the DAB need it's own arial or does it pick up straight out of the box? :idea:

Sounds like you have a bit of a project on the go, not only returning her to her former glory but beyond too! 8-)

Nah, need to get a DAB ariel for it. The git in Halfrauds didnt tell me, but I had a feeling it would need one.

electrical tape on am ARB? :shock:

at least you have Ruby back and none of the damage done was fatal .

Exactly. Will soon have her looking tickety Boo! Been speaking to Jerrick at MeisterR to confirm a few things, so will be getting them ordered pretty soon 8-)

It'll be interesting, because most people run the mister R's super low, how ever I know you won't ;)

I wouldn't go for the super lows either, too many speed bumps and potholes around here! Plus it's no fun scraping the underside everywhere you go! [smash.gif]

Jerrick has some good deals on at the minute, I keep an eye out from time to time! 8-)

• Dave unpinned this topic