yeah - had someone telling me at the weekend saying that it's lost money blah blah blah, but only if you plan to get rid of the car soon ;)

Yeah, I remember seeing on the Type R owners forum, someone was selling a DC5 and during the weeks it was on for sale it turned more into a project thread, new wheels, carbon bonnet, rear spoiler etc etc and kept bumping the price up! WACK11111

Don't spend if you don't like/enjoy or plan to sell your car, otherwise the sky is your limit! [smitten.gif]

You'll never make money back from modifying but then that's not why we do it. It's what makes us :D

Exactly! I've only ever done it for my own benefit! I can't help myself, always saying "I'm leaving this one alone", I've not even had my Civic a year yet and she's quite different to when I first test drove her! :lol:8-)

See thats the thing with getting interiors done, there are only really the big professional companies out there that do it. So any retrim is gonna cost big bucks, but like you say, if yo want it done right you have to pay the price. There might have been a cheaper company out there to do it, although we didn't find any. But have to say that I doubt a cheaper company would have done the same job, honestly, Transcals attention to detail is amazing. Ruby will be next! lol (need to start saving me pennies! :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Gary! The sunroof deflector came from Honda. We both ordered them up off the new/old stock list a good few years ago, one for dawns deck and one for my MA8 civic 5 door. I went and left mine on the MA when I sold it, so wish I'd taken it off now! :( Not sure if you can still get them now from Honda, so give Grey from John Banks Honda a PM in the traders section bud. You can still get a/m ones on ebay and the likes though ( I think!) ;)

Latest wee update on the deck! Dawn decided it was high time the deck got some protection! So got in touch with Auto Security Systems (edinburgh) ( http://www.autosecuritysystems.co.uk) and got a nice new Autowatch Thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted. Lots of nice wee features on it, and lots of upgrades available if she wants later on. She's going to add the tracker feature to it too, probably after the new year. The remotes cool as it works from a good distance away from the car, much better than the stoopid standard Honda remote! lol As a bonus, the warning LED is even blue to match the deck! :lol:8-) It's one of the high intensity blue ones, and lights up the inside of the car at night when it flashes! Should put of most wannabe joyriders/thieves!

Highly recommend Auto Security Systems Edinburgh (aka as Car alarms Edinburgh). Top company to deal with, very friendly and helpful staff and can have it fitted at their premises or at your home/work. Very punctual and reliable too! Give em a call if your looking to get an alarm for yours or to upgrade to a newer one. 8-) Contact them on the link above or on FreePhone 0800 1223 156. Tell Ross Dawn and me from Civic5 sent you ;)

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic