• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hay dawn just a little good bye message even thou we have never meet you and Dave have done wonders for civic5 with out this forum we would be lost and most prob a jdm lover on civiclife lol. We all love your deck it's a great example. Anyways treasure your last moments with Dave hopefully the others will do the same with a message

Good bye you will be missed

Simpo x

• Like 1

Thanks guys, really appreciate that and know Dawn would aswell. To update her deck project, the decission has been made on what happens to her deck now she's gone. Dawn loved her deck from day one, and even now still loves it as much. She also said numerous times that no matter what, she would never ever sell it. Even if she got herself a new car, the deck would stay with her. So I've decided that to honour Dawn, I'm getting a garage built at the house as soon as I'm back to being of normal mind (I'm in no state just now to deal with anything in life at all). Dawns deck is going into the garage, and will be kept for ever. I'm going to try my best and carry out the final mods she wanted to do to it, like the steeringwheel getting retrimmed at transcal to match the interior, and the full respray. She'd also struck a deal just before christmas on a new set of wheels for it from a close friend and civic5 member, so I'll be getting that sorted out asap too. The plan is to make her deck totally mint, as good as new. I know she didnt want to change engines or anything like that, but she wanted the current engine cleaned and then blinged. So there may well be a whole load of parts getting polished/chromed in the engine bay too. It will be a a moving tribute and legacy of Dawn. I know I had to carry out her wishes of the car staying here with me, as I honestly couldnt face seeing it go away. It would also kill me to pas it on the road with someone other than Dawn driving it. Dawn may be gone from this life, although she is still here in spirit and soul, and her deck will live on as a constant memory of her too. it will only be driven to the occasional civic5 meet or to a civic5 stand at a show, but other than that it's going to be a garage queen. 8-) R.I.P. Dawn. You and your aerodeck will live on forever, I promise.

Dawn012_zps69cb7ed3.jpg

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic