Nightmare mate, it's been proper windy here as well.. Fair bit of damage about. 

Crazy that that bit had blown away - do you think the wheelbarrow knocked it off? 

I'll probably end up with a one left over if you can't get sorted, but it'll be after getting mine re-trimmed as the one on the new car isn't great on the passenger side, so I wasn't too get it sorted with the one from tubs... Not sure when I'll get it done though mate

Damn that's awful Dave. Sorry. It was really mork and Mindy here yesterday too. All bit of tile flying off the roof etc. Not good, worst nightmare for car guys!!

I recon I've got spare trims. Unless I've ran out. I collect them because they like to exit the building at 150mph.

Font think civic was really built to go those speeds

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haha thanks guys. Yeah, we had the 2nd storm last night but luckily no where near as bad as last one. Carport is still there at least but we've decided that we're going to demolish it when we get a chance as its a ramshackle thing put together by the previous owners and most of the wooden beams are rotten. Gonna build a nice new one (not that we really need it as we have the two garages, although the older one is the "Sher-age" as it's now used as a shed for storing  stuff etc. But nice to have the new garage and once built the new car port as two placed the cars can be sheltered. Trouble is we have 3 cars lol

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 9:38 PM, dr_broon said:

Sounds like that's a good plan matey. Can you not get a shed for the sherage stuff to change it back to a garage garage :lol:

lol, would be one hell of a shed mate, you seen the stuff we got in there? lmaorlol.gif1 

So, will need to take pics but been busy on DD. Managed to mop and polish all the scratches out on the bonnet and wing so really pleased! Luckily it looks like the wheelbarrow didn't break the paint (god only knows how!) and the dent itself doesnt look too bad now all the marks and scratches are gone. Got off lightly I think!. She's tucked up in the garage now waiting on me getting to the bottom of that leak in the drivers side top of windscreen area. Done loads of tests and still can't find it (and it's now stopped lol) but did notice on the service pdf that there is a type of valve at the bottom of the roof drains in the front. So going to have a look at those and see if they are maybe blocked or something.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave said:

lol, would be one hell of a shed mate, you seen the stuff we got in there? lmaorlol.gif1 

So, will need to take pics but been busy on DD. Managed to mop and polish all the scratches out on the bonnet and wing so really pleased! Luckily it looks like the wheelbarrow didn't break the paint (god only knows how!) and the dent itself doesnt look too bad now all the marks and scratches are gone. Got off lightly I think!. She's tucked up in the garage now waiting on me getting to the bottom of that leak in the drivers side top of windscreen area. Done loads of tests and still can't find it (and it's now stopped lol) but did notice on the service pdf that there is a type of valve at the bottom of the roof drains in the front. So going to have a look at those and see if they are maybe blocked or something.

:lol: I can imagine mate, I'd love to have a lock up to stash all my bits and bobs. 

That's a relief... Pleased that the scratches came out okay. 

Water leaks seem to be the new enemy (joining rust at the party) for these civics. Such a nightmare to try and track where water comes from. 

• Like 1

Glad she's on the mend. Maybe a paintless dent man could fix the dent for you? 

Btw.. not for everyone. But I had a leak when I baught my mb6. I used couple 40m2 smoke bombs. Lit them in the front footwells. After a few minutes, highlighted smoke was getting past the rear windows and also my driver's door. Changed rubbers. Problem solved.

Could be worth a go. Stinks but does the trick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Glad she's on the mend. Maybe a paintless dent man could fix the dent for you? 

Btw.. not for everyone. But I had a leak when I baught my mb6. I used couple 40m2 smoke bombs. Lit them in the front footwells. After a few minutes, highlighted smoke was getting past the rear windows and also my driver's door. Changed rubbers. Problem solved.

Could be worth a go. Stinks but does the trick

Is that what they use for checking the flue on a boiler? Good tip that. 

• Dave pinned this topic