Cheers for the comments lads! Im pretty happy with the colour its turned out too! Wasn't sure exactly what shade i would get as i ordered gunmetal and on the can it says technic grey! Lol

But its come out alright for my first ever wheel refurb! Quite chuffed with it if im honest!! Lool

Now gotta not c**k up the other three haha!! :lol:

Hey!! We're going to look as if we did our wheels at the same time at fest!!

Might make a sign up saying I did mine first ;-)

Jokes, look great mate, too work, good idea on the hammerite inside too, might do that myself as mine are off ATM.

• Like 1

Hey!! We're going to look as if we did our wheels at the same time at fest!!Might make a sign up saying I did mine first ;-)Jokes, look great mate, too work, good idea on the hammerite inside too, might do that myself as mine are off ATM.

Lol yeah i got carried away when i didnt know what i was doing and sanded the inside of the tim aswell as the rim face! Doh!! So need some protection on the inside really!!

Now gotta do it to all of them so they match! Lol

Lol yeah i got carried away when i didnt know what i was doing and sanded the inside of the tim aswell as the rim face! Doh!! So need some protection on the inside really!!

Now gotta do it to all of them so they match! Lol

Oops!! Will look good though :-)

Top job man!!!! I'm getting more confident to paint stuff myself after seeing all you lot doing it.

So you sand the colour then just lacquer over it??

Very very lightly sand with 1500 or above. It's literally just to take any rough spots off. Clean, then a couple of coats of lacquer!

Of what day clean with?? Sorry to ask so many questions I'm just intrigued and would mind doing my boot lid save a few quid

Of what day?? Huh?? Lol.

Wet n dry paper you mean?? Yeah grade 1500 or above. (The higher the grade, the finer) and then clean with either some brake cleaner or pre paint wipes. Then i always blow over them with a heat gun.

• Like 3