Top job man!!!! I'm getting more confident to paint stuff myself after seeing all you lot doing it.

So you sand the colour then just lacquer over it??

Even with all the brilliant info I don't think I'm brave enough still :lol:

Go for it, if I can do it (and they've come out pretty well if I do say so myself) anyone can.

Pics in my thread tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 1

Go for it, if I can do it (and they've come out pretty well if I do say so myself) anyone can.

Pics in my thread tomorrow hopefully.

I've got the 16" fans I can try with I suppose! :)

I've got the 16" fans I can try with I suppose! :)

Yeah, they don't need any repairs so depending on what colour you're going (gunmetal?) just a rub down, white primer and paint.

Yeah, they don't need any repairs so depending on what colour you're going (gunmetal?) just a rub down, white primer and paint.

Yeah some shade of gunmetal! Can't decide if I want them dark like the BMW anthracite or just the regular gunmetal!

Top job man!!!! I'm getting more confident to paint stuff myself after seeing all you lot doing it.So you sand the colour then just lacquer over it??

I was a bit dubious about sanding the colour too but aslong as you get a good few colour coats down, then as grant said 1500 wet n dry (keep it really wet! Very VERY lightly rub over just to A. Get a smooth surface for lacquer to sit on and B. to remove any gloss finish from the colour so the lacquer adheres properly!!

Good few coats of lacquer after that but make sure its proper clean before any paint is put down!! I brake clean it, rub with blue tissue then brake clean again then air line to blow it all off bone dry!!

:D give it a crack anyone who weary of it... If you have something that NEEDS painting instead of just getting it done pro have a go first... Then if it goes wrong a pro can still do it anyway lol

• Like 5

Of what day?? Huh?? Lol.

Wet n dry paper you mean?? Yeah grade 1500 or above. (The higher the grade, the finer) and then clean with either some brake cleaner or pre paint wipes. Then i always blow over them with a heat gun.

that's Samsung thinking it knows what I want to type better than me.. but you got the jist. Brake cleaner!

Cheers mate

that's Samsung thinking it knows what I want to type better than me.. but you got the jist. Brake cleaner!

Cheers mate

Phone speak always amuses me! 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow great effort on the alloys mate. . Love seeing everyone refurbing their alloys. . They look loads better in that colour. . Did you manage to do that how to guide for hid instalation?