Maz's Pirates Black VTI Deck.. Sold.. Project Closed..

ammarbm

Grill has come out well mate! Look forward to the PB lip kit! :D

Thanks mate.. Yeah love how it's turned up I want expecting it as I couldn't get proper shine when I sprayed silver.. Guess it's down to the paint :)

Lip kit definitely be done soon.. Just hope the weather helps lol

All down to the prep I've learnt mate! Definitely worth not cutting corners on the prep... Did you rub down between paint layers and before lacquer coat?? It's got a lovely finish on it whatever your method was! :)

• Like 1

Thing is my mb2 on lowering springs felt uncomfortable on rough roads.. If you want comfort I think best option is to stay with standard suspension or mg zs suspension.. If you want styling then go for coilovers and forget about comfort :)

i got coilovers and comfort.........

• Like 2

More expensive taking the mounts off though..As I don't have any way of compressing springs to remove them and I was thinking of trying myself

I have never compressed any of the springs on any of my Hondas when changing suspension including the my Ms. Just undone the nuts with out compressing them

• Like 1

All down to the prep I've learnt mate! Definitely worth not cutting corners on the prep... Did you rub down between paint layers and before lacquer coat?? It's got a lovely finish on it whatever your method was! :)

Yeah I spent time prepping the grill.. Rubbed it first with the soft sanding block I got. Then I used wet 240 grit sandpaper and that cleaned it up nicely.. Used plastic primer on it. Three layers. Then wet sanded that with 1200 grit.. Did three layers of color and three layers of lacquer.. Wet sanded lightly with 1200 grit again.. Then compound and polish an and it turned out very smooth and shiny.. No lacquer runs :).. Hoping to do the same to the lip kit :)

I have never compressed any of the springs on any of my Hondas when changing suspension including the my Ms. Just undone the nuts with out compressing them

How do you hold the spring then? Does it not shoot out once the mount is removed?