1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Shame about the wheels, polish them up again, then chuck a coat of lacquer over them and a good layer of wax and that should help protect them. Or just sell them I guess. :)

Good news on the MOT!

Shame about the wheels but that shouldn't take much to buffen them up again. 

Glad I'm not the only one who likes 14" wheels on Civic's. I got 14" Speedlines on my MB3 and think they look perfect :) 

Any photos of your MA8 on those Compomotive CXN honeycombs? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good news on the MOT!

Shame about the wheels but that shouldn't take much to buffen them up again. 

Glad I'm not the only one who likes 14" wheels on Civic's. I got 14" Speedlines on my MB3 and think they look perfect :)

Any photos of your MA8 on those Compomotive CXN honeycombs? :)

Here's one i found:

Talvialut.jpg

• Like 1

Last week i made a little trip to the small town of Laitila in the finnish countryside to give my deck some well deserved tuneage. Had to wake up at 4:30 :shock: to make it there before 8...

IMG_0232.jpg

Martelius is a family business with over 30 years of experience building custom performance exhausts.

IMG_0233.jpg

Goodbye! This went straight to the bin.

IMG_0234.jpg

Well hello there!

IMG_0235.jpg

Unfortunately i don't have any more pics of the installation, was too anxious to take it for a spin afterwards. I'll do a oilchange soon and post more then but what's in the car now is a Tegiwa 4-2-1 (2,5" collector), Martelius 2,5" sports cat, custom stainless 2,25" midsection with one silencer and a 2,25" Magnaflow backbox. After a testdrive the mechanic took it for a short spin around the block so i could hear what it really sounds like, and i almost fell on the ground laughing once i heard it on full revs! The sound is, well, very race honda! :-D Pretty much like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KTaZkwEHr8 but with a bit more burble once you ease down on the throttle. It's quite loud when accelerating, but not obnoxiously, and when cruising at a steady speed you can barely hear any difference... as long as you keep it 75mph or under. I cruised at a pretty constant 85mph for the last 1,5 hours of the trip back home, and the loud, low hum gave me a headache... :roll: Well (luckily?) most of the roads have 60mph speed limits so hopefully that won't be much of a problem. No pain, no gain! But i'm glad i got this finally done, had been collecting the bits for over 3 years.

IMG_0239.jpg

Personally I'm not keen on the twin tails but it looks great quality and if you're happy with the way it sounds too, win. :)

Just trying to stand out from the crowd :wink:. I really like the late 80's/early 90's civics & accord with factory twin exits, even though sizewise they're ofcourse pretty different than this. What i would've loved best would be a single large exit on each side, but as this already cost quite a bit i wanted to save somewhere.

Just trying to stand out from the crowd :wink:. I really like the late 80's/early 90's civics & accord with factory twin exits, even though sizewise they're ofcourse pretty different than this. What i would've loved best would be a single large exit on each side, but as this already cost quite a bit i wanted to save somewhere.

I see where you're coming from. B)

• Like 1