1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Here's some gopro footage from the fastest lap of the day, 1.39,77: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCLLTA_R3Aw&feature=youtu.be

4,32 seconds faster than last time i visited Alastaro in 2011, so some improvement in the car (and possibly driver!) has been achieved. This was maybe 10 laps before my brakes disintegrated, and also the front left corner felt a bit bouncy when cornering hard so there's still some seconds to be shaved off once i get everything sorted out.

Was a beautiful september day in the middle of the week, and i basically had the place for myself! A race biker and a race 911 arrived early, but both left pretty soon: the 911 spilt oil all over the track and eventually caught on fire in the pit, and the biker left because the track became undriveable for him! The staff got it cleaned pretty quick though and it didn't bother me at all, you can see a white line on some parts of the track in the vid where oil had spilled. An awesome day all in all. Track days... [smitten.gif]

8-) Though quite heavy  s2000 rear pipes are of twin loop design standard, good up grade maybe if your going twin,

good price s/hand also <63mm>the AP1 facelift oval pipes at rear :-D

Even one would be nice  :idea:

glad you had some good laps in the end applause.gif1

Nice footage! I'm not if if its where the camera was mounted but it looked like you missed some of the apexes, that could have a second or two in store for you! :)

Thanks. It was mounted down low in the middle of the front bumper so the wideangle makes it look like i'm farther from the edge of the track than in reality but you're right, there definitely room for improvement!

• Like 1

Thanks. It was mounted down low in the middle of the front bumper so the wideangle makes it look like i'm farther from the edge of the track than in reality but you're right, there definitely room for improvement!

Yeah some looked like you missed by miles but I figured the camera was in the middle! Getaway in Stockholm style! 8-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since my headlights have been looking a bit foggy and yellowish i decided to buy some Mothers Nulens:

IMG_1092.jpg

Well it wasn't quite as good as advertised. Below are the results, which include one extra step of sanding by hand since the pads included in the kit weren't coarse enough.

valot.jpg

They do look better but are far from perfect, i guess i'll have them machine polished at some point. But still the deck is looking bit better than before! 8-)  But lesson learned? Use this kit only if you need just a mild refurb.

• Like 1

Nice mini review dude looks like ill still have to wet n dry mine as when i got my car it had s**tty tint film on em n it as left a crusty mark all over them, n ive tried everything else eg toothpaste, cutting compound and restore kits but nothing touched it lol did u take urs out of the car or did u do it in place?