Personally I find these engines quite sluggish and hesitant until there upto temp. So that combined with the lack of vtec could explain your problem.

putting your foot to the floor in a high gear from low revs is a good way to see if clutch slips.

Cam plug is easy to change dude but yes you will need a torque wrench that starts low.

You don't have to touch timing or the cam itself, just take the plate off that sits across the cam caps. 10 12mm bolts maybe.

Then remove the 2 10mm bolts either side of cam seal, pop that end cap off.

Change seal. Bit of gasket sealant on The external part of the cap.

put it all back in reverse torqueing correctly and workin from center out.

• Like 1

Yeah thats it, just need to get the torque settings off net to be able to do it! Ok its good to kno i eont have to touch timing again as only done it the other day lol!!!

Does the seal on VTEC solenoid ever leak btw... Didnt know about the seal on that till i took it off but its a possibility thats where my leak could in fact be coming from ?

Yes mate it often leaks. Its so hard to trace a leak in that area. First I changed vtec sol gasket. Then blox cam seal. Still a leak by this point. In my case turned out to be the dizzy leaking, finally sorted.

I know knight has the same annoying leak in that area.

Haha yeah ive done a H too and was tricky, but doable!! Dont think the civic is doable if you want it decent anyway... Unless you get it dipped of course! :D

Im thinking blue and carbon rear H badge.... Any opinions?

It was a bit tricky when I tried doing mine but if you are persistent with it and use the hair dryer it's possible to do a reasonable job :-)

I am going to wrap my civic badge its sprayed black atm.blue and carbon rear H sounds kool..show us some pics of the carbon you have dinner so far

Yeah good luck with the civic badge... Thats a headache!! Lol

Ok well you've seen my wrapped plug cover... And ive now done one of my mirrors! This took absolutely ages!! Proper fiddely but got there... Corner edges were hard... Few creases but not too bad... Now gta find time to do the other one!! Lol

98A8F56B-8FE4-4266-8B2A-9DFA841401A5-493

40AB0C97-1309-489A-961F-0F1A636812AD-493