1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Nice mini review dude looks like ill still have to wet n dry mine as when i got my car it had s**tty tint film on em n it as left a crusty mark all over them, n ive tried everything else eg toothpaste, cutting compound and restore kits but nothing touched it lol did u take urs out of the car or did u do it in place?

I left them on, used masking tape to cover the surrounding paintwork.

I used toothpaste on mine and it looks like it did a better job than your kit did!

cry.gif1 ... yeah i've heard that toothpaste can work wonders... for some reason i thought Mothers would only make quality products. Someone should start selling re-packaged toothpaste in a big shiny box marketed specifically as a headlight refurber... business idea! idea.gif1

Also i've got new winter wheels. Gave them a thorough wash and then applied Gtechic C5 wheel armour to give some proper protection against salt they've already been spreading on the roads here... to avoid what happened to my polished Rial's last winter! blush.gif1 Was a b*itch to buff, though, took a hour per wheel to do. But now they're done and going on today... pics & specs to come later!

IMG_1896.jpg

And what wheels are they i hear you saying? Well i'm not spilling out the beans quite yet but here's a booklet that came with the box. Note the year... :wink:

c338fc05-f79a-49ed-85e6-72f8caba9296.jpg

They look a bit nice to be used as winter wheels mate!

Our winter lasts up to 6 months so that's what you gotta do if you want to roll in style all year round!  8-)

Looking good and yes if your winters last a fair few months you need to look good while driving round :)

Last time we had a trip to Finland it was late September it was nice .think winter started rolling in as we left ,about 6 years ago now

• Like 1

Here are my new winter wheels, 7x15 Et37 ATF's from Germany. They're stamped 1994 and came in their original cardboard package including TÜV-booklets. They were a steal at only 220€ (170£). I found this guy who had a huge collection of unused 90's wheels in his basement, he told me his "hobby" was buying the inventories of old bankrupt german warehouses :-D. 2 of the center caps were a bit different than the other, but i thought i'd put them on different sides so nobody would probably even notice.

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

They look tastey Arho i cant wait to c them on the car

Me neither. Unfortunately NOT GONNA HAPPEN! :evil:

IMG_1943.jpg

Didn't even cross my mind that they wouldn't clear my stock calipers. You can't even believe the amount of frustration after a week of sealing and buffing the wheels... blowupsmiley.gif

I thought about machining them a bit but i don't think it's even possible, i'd need an inch more of clearance depthwise and the spokes are already so close to the caliper. Well i guess that's a problem that might come with narrow wheels & big lips... lesson learned! So i guess i'll store them in my parents garage and try to sell them once the winter draws close and people start getting the urge for new summer wheels... i'm pretty confident i can get my money back and probably even make a small profit! So to survive the unstable weather i've removed the R888's off my Leagues and put the Conti WinterContacts on them. At the moment i don't even want to think about new wheels... and luckily i don't have to, because i've got a whole lot of goodies to install:

IMG_1927.jpg

The hoses went already in, fit perfect:

IMG_1935.jpg

After getting the discs and pads on i think i'll re-paint the calipers. Looking quite nasty at the mo! Also i need to get some more brakefluid. I had 1,5 liters but ran out while bleeding, i had a one-man kit with pressurised air i had never used before and i guess i didn't do it quite right since the deck only needs 1,2 liters. Luckily the brakes do work... a little :roll: ... just gotta drive slow to keep me & everybody else not killed until i can buy more fluid and get them properly bled!