1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dudes. Had to crank the damping almost all the way up but it's still very driveable. Found the source of the tyre leak:

IMG_2696.jpg

The was some rippage as you can see. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but because stretch, it leaked about 0,2bar per day. But in the end the solution was easy, even though i was a bit skeptical when it was suggested to me at first:

IMG_2697.jpg

A good 24 hours of drying just to make sure, and no problems anymore! Hooray. Then i turned my attention to my track wheels which needed some love and care after doing double duty as winters last season also. Unfortunately i encountered crud i couldn't remove no matter what! It's all over every wheel:

IMG_2726.jpg

I know where the problem is, i didn't properly clean them after last summers track days so the combination of tons of brake dust, salt from the winter roads and your usual road crap apparently produces some pretty persistent s**t. Shame on me, but so far i feel like i'm pretty fed up paying the dues. I've tried brake cleaner, heavy duty cleaning wax, polishing compund but in vain. At the moment the wheels are soaking overnight in Würth Pineline, keeping my fingers crossed!

In case it doesn't work, any tips are appreciated!

atleast the problem is sorted, but it could all be good on the floor like that, but what about rolling? just a thought

Oh it's been on for a week allready, been checking every now and then and pressure is stable 8-) . I'm just a bit slow with the updates sometimes... but the dirty wheels are current!

• Like 1