lol Sounds like we did well to avoid it then! We did meet a couple of people in the pub who had been (the competition lol) and they were bored that they had to be there until Tuesday. The business Gayle's aiming for will be totally different to the usual bridal boutique's (she spotted an opening for a niche market) so hopefully once she's finished Uni and got herself into a job she can start to get the business built.

In other news, going to take DD to the bodyshop this week that my mate recommended for a quote on a full front end respray to get rid of those stone chips! Watch this space!

Sounds good, on both fronts!

• Like 1

Sooo....DD has been out and about a fair bit recently. The run to Harrogate was fun, and put a whack off miles under her belt! Used her a few times at the weekends and on saturday she had a nice run to Perth and back. So how many miles in the past 2 months has the garage Queen covered....over 500! Thats a bit better than last year where she did a total of 500 miles in a year! 

Did notice on way up that o/s front calipper is binding really bad. Could feel it through steering and also hear it. Checked wheels and all clean except o/s front which was covered in brake dust :(

It freed off a bit on way down then seized again so gonna have to strip all the brakes down and take the calipers to bits to clean the pins/pistons etc. Bummer!

And to top it all, the minis rear breaks are binding bug time. And so are pauls rear brakes on his civic! My garage is gonna be busy!

After the brake repair, thats another wee box ticked. Then look forward to more miles!

#positivethoughts ;)

• Like 1

yeah mate, deffo. Going to replace all the seals on the calipers and get the spring kit from honda so all new clips etc and new pads. Might wait till after the year before getting the front resprayed as the guy is booked up untill end november.Really wanting to get her up on a ramp so i can get her freshly undersealed and then look at painting/powder coating suspension parts etc.

Bloody brakes! Such a menace. 

Good plan with the underseal and powder coating though... On my long term to do list (read never get round to....) 

• Like 1

lol yeah, my list is a bit like that! just noticed it was DDs 18th birthday in sept! Does that mean in 2yrs tmie shell be tax exempt,? not sure howbthe new rolling tax date works.

I did 400 miles with Bob on Saturday just gone, stop moaning :lol:

On 07/10/2017 at 9:57 AM, Dave said:

lol yeah, my list is a bit like that! just noticed it was DDs 18th birthday in sept! Does that mean in 2yrs tmie shell be tax exempt,? not sure howbthe new rolling tax date works.

Didn't realise it was rolling again? Thought it has been a fixed year for a long time.

2 hours ago, Krzys said:

I did 400 miles with Bob on Saturday just gone, stop moaning :lol:

Didn't realise it was rolling again? Thought it has been a fixed year for a long time.

As far as i can make out it is mate, but not sure what the qualifying age is. Know it used to be cars 20 or 25 yrs and over but they might have increased it.

lol im not moaning about the miles mate, far from it! Really good to see her getting some use again. Bummer bout the brakes tho! lol

Honda brakes have never been great but I guess they're ageing which doesn't help!

I believe it used to be 25 years old. The Accord is 29 years old, be great if it was suddenly tax exempt! 

3 hours ago, Krzys said:

I believe it used to be 25 years old. The Accord is 29 years old, be great if it was suddenly tax exempt! 

Too right!

Looks like it has to have been registered before 1977... Tubs will never catch up with that..... Even I miss out be about a month :lol:

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

Looks like it has to have been registered before 1977... Tubs will never catch up with that..... Even I miss out be about a month :lol:

I'm sure if you were tax exempt your wife would still find you taxing :lol:

• Haha 1

Like Moira Stuart says.... Tax doesn't have to be taxing :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Like Moira Stuart says.... Tax doesn't have to be taxing :D

13 hours ago, dr_broon said:

11 hours ago, Krzys said:

I'm sure if you were tax exempt your wife would still find you taxing :lol:

:lol:lmao I would qualify! lol

in other news, the rear brakes (which have been binding badly for ages) on Carly went today on way home from work. pads are down to metal :( Gonna buy some on way home tomorrow and strip the brakes down tomorrow night after work........means DD is hitting the road again tomorrow! no happy though as the little neds in the town where i work went on a spree last week smashing car windows in the car park where i usually park. gonna park DD at the golf club instead as its much safer. means a bloody long walk to work though!

Get those steps in Dave! It'll do you good mate!

• Like 1

lol not a chance!

Got the mini back today so DD isn't going anywhere till i fix that front calliper. Its mega binding so need to strip it down completely and refurb it with new seals/ piston etc.

loh, and just got her insurance renewal through which is fue on 27th......no a happy bunny with the quote so she'll either be

A) going off road till spring

or if i can get it....

B).getting classic car insurance

15 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Too much for the Scottish in you to stomach Dave?

Way too much Tom, insurance sucks! Can't believe it's costing so much to insure when the max mileage is 5000 miles a year. Only problem Ive found though is that a lot of insurance underwriters won't insure her with the coilovers. Even debating putting her suspension back to standard, will see what these classic insurers are like then see what way we need to go. Deffo not paying stupid money for insurance on her that's for sure.

Admiral Multi car. Shame to keep her hidden away for the sake of a couple o hundred quid ;)

• Like 1

They are coilovers as standard on the MBs,tell them they are just uprated gas shocks<which they are> =£10

Nothing special about them + cheeper than oem units to replace all 4 corners.

A classic insurance company also told me the Mc2 are not of the Classic type as yet btw .

Mileage wise its the same cost for me 5k or 14k PA get them to alter and compare on the phone for best results ect

ps Putting the cat back and getting another MOT on the MC as the maybe buyer has had long enough to view.

So another year to use it and get it mapped for a little better mpg, idea.gif1

Edited by noodels
  • Like 1

My insurance will likely go up next year, nature of the game though with the way things are, have to suck it up!

• Like 1