I think they probably would mate, especially if you were in the kind of bump where the suspension is damaged (like getting whacked of a kerb sideways during winter perhaps, or any other similar type of imapct on the suspension). Then your left with an insurance company who won't (quite rightly) pay out on a car that isnt as described when you took the insurance out with them. And especially with companies such as Adrian Flux and Sky, because they deal mostly with modded cars and know their stuff because they are like us, into cars. Always best to declare everything so you know should the worst happen, you're safe and covered. ;-)

I think they probably would mate, especially if you were in the kind of bump where the suspension is damaged (like getting whacked of a kerb sideways during winter perhaps, or any other similar type of imapct on the suspension). Then your left with an insurance company who won't (quite rightly) pay out on a car that isnt as described when you took the insurance out with them. And especially with companies such as Adrian Flux and Sky, because they deal mostly with modded cars and know their stuff because they are like us, into cars. Always best to declare everything so you know should the worst happen, you're safe and covered. :wink:

that and MeisterR's are Red and shiny with "MEISTER R" written across them

• 2 weeks later...

True mate! Glad it's all sorted and she's well insured. Funny thing is, they asked how much we paid for the deck, and I said well, it was bought over 10 years ago for £4500. So when I looked at the insurance docs, it's got price paid £4500, and approx value £4500. Doubt they would pay that mind, even with the mods, but first time I've seen that on my insurance docs. £4500 couldn't replace DD anyways, no amount of money could.

So, having been driving her about for a bit lately while waiting on Roxy coming back, I've noticed something that needs sorting. Was in the car with Gayle the other day, and going through a new housing estate there were a lot of speed bumps. Now we've been through there before, without any probs, but this time, she scraped the mudflaps going over them. Not much in itself, but then at one of them the exhaust scraped! Then we approached one of those fandangled fancy bumps, made of monoblocks, that you drive up onto, then along it, then off. Well, we both shit ourselves! Just as we went onto it, there was an almighty thump from the front!! Both the front towing eyes had well and truely battered into the monoblocks. Not a happy bunny! I assume the suspension has finally fully settled, and that's why she's catching on the speed bumps now. I know that doesn't bother most folk, but to me, nah, that means she's stupid low! So I'm raising the front (which has always been slightly lower than the rear) 10mm. I hate that happening to it, because all it's going to do is damage her. The exhaust getting scratched was bad enough, but when it's the underneath of the car then I just can't live with that. Means metal is being scraped back to bare metal, which will then start rusting. So a slight raise in height is coming!

Went out to the garage to do it today (was going to be getting a hand from Rob kyekye09, but he's bunged up with a cold!) to get the tools ready to do the job. Couldn't find the special spanners you get with the suspension to loosen off the lock rings! Spent the next hour and a half turning the garage inside out looking for them, then though F-this! This place is getting cleared out! So ended up throwing out loads of stuff, inc tools which I have trebles of! Then found the spanners I was looking for! lol Too cold by this time, and couldn't be assed waiting on the heaters heating the place up, so will do it tomorrow.

What I did do was fit a new bit I bought for her just after Japfest! As I'd added a bit of stainless/chrome detailing to the inside to carry on the theme from the wheels, I'd ordered the heater control surrounds. So got these fitted up today! Just adds a bit of bling to the interior, and looks quite classy imo. photos below.

post-2844-0-39525700-1415633719_thumb.jppost-2844-0-45158100-1415633728_thumb.jppost-2844-0-85580700-1415633737_thumb.jp

That's cool, different! Suits the wood trim! 

Bit of a bugger hiding the spanners from yourself, that'll teach you! Does sound like it's settled! Take measurements and see how much she's dropped? Then at least you can accurately raise her. :)

The front is naturally 10mm lower at the front on OEM, I know you probably don't chuck DD about but might be worth keeping front vs rear height differences the same and just raise her all together? That's my OCD though :lol:

Found the multi display I'd bought for her a while back today too! So need to see about getting that fitted in place of the clock. Not sure on what sensors I'm going to have to get, as it does a whole host of things..........tyre pressures, outside temp etc. Should look cool once it's all fitted

• Like 2

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic