lol I usually drive DD Low and Slow, but even then it's scrape scrape scrape, which will do her no good in the long run. Shame, because I love the way she sits just now, but have to put me sensible head on so up she goes! She'll still be low, just not as low as she is just now.

Ali, I doubt I'll ever stop modding her mate, it's in my DNA! lol  But I think it will be mostly detailing mods now, small and subtle. Underside still needs full detailing, so will be starting with the rear (getting new LCA's etc, and all will be either powder coated or painted blue) and will work my way to the front. The front will take a lot longer as there are more bits to take off and its a lot more involved.  She's going to be peachy!

Shame about the scraping Dave .. Unfortunately there are so many speed bumps going in all over the country now its almost unavoidable unless you want a near standard ride height or you take the scraping!

There is one outside of work that I watch when I go out for a fag and most standard cars scrape on it its that big ! All new 3 series do, ive even seen an evoque bottom out !

When adjusting, are you setting the same left to right across the axle? And are you measuring on the coilovers themselves or arch to floor?

Shame about the scraping Dave .. Unfortunately there are so many speed bumps going in all over the country now its almost unavoidable unless you want a near standard ride height or you take the scraping!

There is one outside of work that I watch when I go out for a fag and most standard cars scrape on it its that big ! All new 3 series do, ive even seen an evoque bottom out !

When adjusting, are you setting the same left to right across the axle? And are you measuring on the coilovers themselves or arch to floor?

yes mate, both sides the same. I'll measure both the coilovers plus the arch to centre of the wheel, so that we can get it bang on.

yes mate, both sides the same. I'll measure both the coilovers plus the arch to centre of the wheel, so that we can get it bang on.

I measure the thread showing between the lock rings. Think when I had them on mine I had something like 60mm showing, was about a finger gap between tyre and arch! Not scraping 8-)

Well, still not got around to doing this, been busy and it's been too cold! Still havent got the typeR back, which is annoying because I want to take DD off the road. Did have some bad stuff happen though! Was down visiting Gayle the other night, and parking in her street is a nightmare. It's a really narrow street, and there's hardly ever any spaces left to park in. At the bottom of the street, there's a wee lane, so parked DD there. Left Gayles around 11pm and when I got to the drivers door, there was what looked like bird poop all over the drivers door window. Thought it strange at that time of night, but she lives right on the coast near the beach so just though "bloody seagulls doing a night time raid". So got in and drover her home. When I'd got her into the garage, I noticed that it wasn't bird poop.....................some low life git had stood there bloody gobbing (spitting) all over the window and door! It was gross! Whole bloody door was covered in it, so went to get water and stuff to clean her up then noticed the drivers side headlight protector Dawn fitted was hanging off! The scummy little bas had tried to rip them off the car! I was in a total rage when I saw this, though why the feck would you do any of that to the car???? Really pissed me off, and now I'm paranoid about leaving her parked anywhere! Luckily, the headlamp protector was intact and wasnt damaged, so fixed it back on. Just glad the scum didnt take a key along her or anything worse. So bloody annoyed, and no reason at all why anyone there would do that. Where Gayle lives is a quiet wee village, never really anything bad ever goes on. And where she was parked isn't somewhere anyone passing through would drive, so had to be someone local. End result is, I've been walking nearly everywhere since! She hasnt been out the garage since Thursday, although have been back down to Gayles twice but first time she was parked outside Gayles house, the second time no spaces available again so parked her in the next street, so she was outside houses, and probably a bit safer.

So hope to get Roxy back on Wed afternoon. The repairs have been a headache as Honda have sent loads of incorrect parts, so it's held everything up. They're now waiting on another condensor and a couple of other wee bits because those were also the wrong parts. Sooner she's back the better, so DD can get tucked up safe in the garage for the rest of winter.

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic