DD now safely washed (again) and polished (again!) and tucked up snug in her blanket in the civic5 crib for the winter. She won't be seeing the outside world till spring!

I wish I could hibernate over winter, would make life so much better :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well, although I dont want her out on the road just now, she's been called back into active duty. The TypeR is in dealership again with a list of faults! See roxy's thread for whats going on this time!  Begining to think I should have either A: kept the TypeS or B: kept Ruby!

So, I went out to the garage last week because she hadn't been fired up for a while (turns out it was over 3 months since she was last started!) so wanted to get her free'd up and make sure everything was fine. Connected up the battery, whipped off the HT leads as I didnt want her to fire up straight away, wanted her to turn over and get the oil moving first to protect the engine. Popped the leads back on, turned the key..................and she burst straight into life like she'd been running all day! Then thought I'd move her out into the drive and just drive her back and forth a few times, making sure everything was free and not siezed. Didnt want to take her out onto the road though due to salt/ wet roads. I thought she might have been a bit stiff, brakesand stuff maybe seized. But in true DD style, she was absolutely perfect! Would not have known she'd been sitting laid up for so long!

So tonight, had to get her back on the road due to having no car. First drive was to go away to the other side of Edinburgh to pick up Jim and his Mrs from hospital, and she drove perfectly. Such a beautiful car to drive, so smooth and does everything just right, she's a joy and pleasure to drive. Just love DD to bits, and she's a true reminder of what Hondas are all about. Well, the older Hondas anyway! And the looks she gets always makes me smile! Will just have to make sure I keep the crap washed off her and then give her a good power wash before she retires back into the garage when I finally get the TypeR back. So if you see DD out and about, give her a wave!

• Like 4

Yeah they don't make 'em like they used to! The EP3 may be the last Honda I have for a while as I have my sights set higher for it's replacement, which I know is daft to think about after only four months of ownership when I'm quite happy for once :lol:

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic