Just aswell I ordered new bolts for it................went to remove it and all 5 bolts are busted. The studs that they go into have got stuck on the bolts and can't get them off, so all new bolts it is ( £57 ouch!)

Things are never simple!

Yeah, that was Ruby mate. Exactly the same thing, the wee stud that one of the bolts goes into unscrewed from the head, meaning probs removing the rocker cover. Pain in the backside those studs! Think I'll put some copper grease on the new bolts before doing them up, should hopefully stop them getting stuck to the studs.

lol my thoughts too Alex, bloody high price for some bolts. Mine are all buggered though so left me no option :-(  Got the old cover sitting on the workbench, so gonna have another go at getting them out of the old rocker.Otherwise I'll need to cut them off. Don't want to bin a perfectly good cover cause of some dumb ass bolts! lol

Been looking at some of the various brackets around the engine bay that I'm thinking of taking off and metal polishing. Oh, and wanting some new wheel nuts!!

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic