well, had DD in for her MOT.................and she passed! Well chuffed! Got her brake fluid changed at the same time, and she drove perfectly for the whole trip. Pitty it rained on the way home, which meant she got filthy! Had to put her back into the garage still dirty as the rain stayed on. Not happy! lol Got her all washed and polished again though, so she's looking top dollar. Had her out for a wee run down to Musselburgh through the week as it was a nice sunny day, and got caught up in a long traffic jam. Couldnt believe the looks she was getting from drivers who were stuck going in the opposite direction....lots of stares and a few thumbs up!

Love driving her, although that doesnt show in her mileage for this years mot. How many miles since her mot last year?? Well, its gone up by a big bit..................2 thousand miles in a year! Was only 700 miles the last time lol. Going to give her another polish ready for the St Marys Loch Memorial meet next month, and try and get her new rocker cover done in time too. She's sitting pretty!

DD is a credit to you Dave :)

The last cars I modified were current Cortina 1600E's and a Dolly Sprint (I'm in my mid 50's) but I do love spotting very well maintained older cars especially if their not over modified.

Good luck to you and DD :) :)

• Like 1

DD is a credit to you Dave :)

The last cars I modified were current Cortina 1600E's and a Dolly Sprint (I'm in my mid 50's) but I do love spotting very well maintained older cars especially if their not over modified.

Good luck to you and DD :) :)

Thanks Gerry, appreciate the nice comments. Makes it all worth while! I've restored a few Mark 3 cortinas (one of my all time fav cars!) just love the old classics. Always fancied a 1600E, very sweet cars, and them old dollys could shift!! Mark 3 wise I've had a 2000E (modded with white 8 spoke weller wheels, front spoiler, boot spoiler, rear window louvre, flat pan air filter, sports back back box, oh and CB radio of course! lol) and 2 x GXL's.  Hoping that one day Dawns deck will be considered a classic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, not been up to much with DD lately, so thought I better get some stuff done! One thing I've been looking to change is the temp rocker/cam cover that I fitted for Japfest2 last year (the pinky/purple one). Bought it as a temp one whilst I prepped and painted DD's own cover, and tbh, the paint finish on the temp one was gash! It had been done before I bought it, and I wasn't really happy with the finish (or colour). So, been busy sanding down and prepping. The covers have some "join lines" from when they were cast, which I wanted rid of as it would spoil the look, so I machined them out to give it a cleaner look.

Next up, I decided that the cover was gonna be colour coded to the car (Orleans Blue) but wanted some bling to break it up. Long term plans are doing some air brushing to it aswell. So I machined the "HONDA" lettering smooth, then used a metal polishing kit to bring them up to a chrome finish. Which should look good with the blue.

Just finished it around 10 mins ago, has had around 6 coats of lacquer, and is looking sweet! Now got it baking at 80 degrees (don't ask!) so should be ready for taking the masking off the lettering. Just been on the phone to Honda (waiting on a call back) as I'm ordering up new rocker cover gasket, new rocker bolts and the wee rubber seals that go in the spark plug holes. Want it all as good as new. Hoping the new bolts are chromed like the ones I got for Ruby, if not, may metal polish them.

Pics to follow once its ready!!

Going to see about a stainless manifold for her next, and then some more engine bay detailing. Should look good along with the blue hose kit from Chandler. Also going to do a small exterior mod, but keeping it secret just now!

• Like 1

And a cheeky wee photo, before it gets fitted. The chrome lettering has still got some gluey crap on it from the masking tape, but I'll leave it about a week before getting it off with some white spirit. Just heard back from honda, the new gasket is in stock so will be picking that up probs Monday ;-)

post-2844-0-62345500-1435321742_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic