Sounds like a good plan, are you going to polybush the suspension when it comes to replacing the worn bush?

The OEM trailing arm bushes are designed to be softish. Under braking the bushes flex slightly which introduces a 'toe in' effect which helps with stability under braking. Changing to Poly bushes would compromise braking stability (under heavy braking I may add). I personally would keep them OEM as the manufacturer developed those braking characteristics.

But it's whatever Dawn would have wanted, as this is just an opinion :)

• Like 2

Will deffo be replacing with honda OEM bushes. Thinking about getting new trailing arms, which I can paint or powder coat before they are fitted. Will be my start on detailing the underside of the car ;-)

Painter hasn't got back to me with a price for full respray yet, so undecided if she's going there or if I'm going to do it myself. Massive job, but the rewards for doing it myself would be huge.

• Like 2

Poly trailing arm bushes are pretty gnarly. heavy braking in my eg means you have to be on your toes.. back end gets very loose and skitty. only thing I can put it down too

• Like 1

Poly trailing arm bushes are pretty gnarly. heavy braking in my eg means you have to be on your toes.. back end gets very loose and skitty. only thing I can put it down too

Change back to OEM as they designed for this (well for the mb anyway)

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic